Monday, March 23, 2009

Week 11, Day 45 - YEBO!

I just won a set of Netters musculoskeletal flashcards on ebay for $10.49 and that INCLUDES Shipping!!!!!  I was checking these cards out today at the bookstore but they retail for about $40+ with tax and I couldn't find anything less than $30 online and ebay just happened to have one set for auction which ended tonight and which I won!  :)

In other news - I got an 82.5% on my Spinal Anatomy test today ...rough class - lots of study and not such spectacular grades ...well, I guess that isn't too bad.  In most universities that score would be a B but at logan we need an 83 or 84% to get a B, maybe if the teacher rounds up then I'll have a B.  Fairly respectable.

I had gross anatomy tutoring yesterday and learned a lot about the arteries in the arms and forearms ...kind of tricky stuff.  Some arteries are called recurrent which means they make a U-turn and travel back up the arm.  Arteries which continue down the arm can be called "collateral".

I thought about this for a while, then found a way for it to make sense to me.  I was thinking about rivers and running with the current and figured to turn around is to travel against the current ...hence, re-current - against the current.  It works in my head anyway :)

I'm really happy about getting those flashcards.   I'd also like to get a full skeleton and a bag of vertebrae bones.  The vertebrae bones have been selling fast in the bookstore but I'm hesitating on the $40 price tag.  

Having a bit of extra money does make things a lot nicer.  I think about that when I consider selling my home and know that I've got over 20% equity which would make for a very nice cushion - big cushion, plenty of money, less than 10 minutes from school ...sounds nice ...maybe I could spend occassional evenings at my parents house in their spare bedroom on weekends or once a month or something like that.  

I could sure reduce a lot of expenses and I've still got a tad over three years left at Logan ...pardon my language but that's a hell of a lot of driving and it isn't exactly doing anything for my health.  My legs have been hurting and it's starting sometimes to get painful.  

oh well - on to Anatomy studies before bedtime!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment