Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 30 - oops!

I'm not sure why but I slept through my alarms this morning and missed my philosophy class.  I got to bed at a decent time but was exhausted.  I also fell asleep for a couple hours after I got home today.  I could really use that two hours per day I spend commuting.  I know Leah commuted for her last two years but that was living with someone, not during her first 4 trimesters and not when the main highway was closed during construction.

I've got another 9 months before the highway is reopened then i should save up to 30 minutes on the commute - 4 less exits and merges to deal with and 6 less miles.

Our anatomy tutor laid it on the line for us on Saturday and said anatomy needs to become our life which is pretty much what I had concluded a few blogs ago.  

I've got all the powerpoints printed and awaiting plastering on my walls but i'm out of tape right now - i'll get some this week.  

Lateral abduction of the arm was fascinating to learn about in anatomy today.  The supraspinatus muscle actually is responsible for the first 15 degrees of abduction before the more powerful deltoid muscles take over.  The deltoid can raise the arms about 120 degrees from vertical and for every two degrees the arm raises, the scapula rotates about 1 degree.  The middle area of the trap muscle works to rotate the scapula during arm abduction.

plenty more stuff but I've got 6 test this week and 8 more hours of laborious driving ...ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment