Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Days 36 & 37 - Tues Mar 10 & Wed Mar 11

I got a 100% on yesterdays Anatomy test but, that might not be good enough for my patients.  There are far too many doctors out there - of any degree...MD, OD or DC that don't know the human anatomy as well as they should for their position.  I'd guess DC's probably learn it the best since they have a bit more schooling in Anatomy then the other doctorate degrees but it's a pretty indispensable basis for being able to treat a patient.  

Pathology is different and deals with the organs of the body but, as a chiropractor we are neuromusculature experts and as such, we need to know that anatomy the way a carpenter knows a hammer and nail.  

I'm going to leave up all the powerpoints in my home pertaining to the anatomy of the human body.  Some may be condensed to have only the most informative information needed such as the basic name, origin, insertion, action, innervation and blood supply but that information will go a long way in diagnosis.  

I'm still clean shaven and I can only shave if I get an A on my anatomy test otherwise the whiskers win and get to proliferate my face until I do get an A.  

Chiropractors don't study drugs, we study the human body - we have more anatomy and about 3 times the number of hours spent learning neurology than an MD.  

I'm going to know my gross anatomy better than any doctor out there - others may be able to equal me but none will know it better. 

1 comment:

  1. "others may be able to equal me but none will know it better"
    This makes me proud to know you. I admire your drive, determination and stamina.

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete