Saturday, March 7, 2009

Saturday Studies

Except for a motorcycle ride to Wal-Mart to pick up some masking tape and dividers everything else was fairly business oriented today but it doesn't seem like I got a lot done.  I did manage to put up Region 11 & 12 powerpoints up on my hall wall and I played my anatomy DVD a lot today.  This afternoon I went to the cadaver lab at Logan then to the library to print out some more school material.  

Tomorrow - will be my first day I'll be able to stay at home after 14 straight days of having to head up to Logan.  I think I'm feeling a little run down.  Another full nights sleep should help and I really need to force exercise into my life.  I'm still signed up for a 1/2 marathon in May over in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Our prosector tutor at Logan is also a student doctor/intern.  He had a patient the other day that was experiencing numbness in his legs and his MD couldn't figure out what was wrong but still prescribed medication/drugs to help alieviate the situation (as if the cause of the numbness was a lack of the drugs to begin with)

Our prosector learned the patient had gotten some new boots and those boots were impinging on the patients sural cutaneous nerves in his leg which was causing the numbness.  When the patient told his MD about it the MD confessed that he had forgotten about those nerves.  

I've been learning about the differences in schooling between MDs and DCs and have learned that it takes more schooling to become a chiropractor.  MDs have 4 years of school with summers off and chiropractors, well, at least where I go at Logan is year round and completed in 3 1/3 years.  or 10 semesters of school as compared with 8 for MDs.  

It sure would be nice to have summers off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment