Monday, March 7, 2011

Tri-7 Wk9 Day 435 - Monday

Coffee in hand, 3:30 a.m.
2nd cup of coffee in hand, 4 a.m.
I've been looking over some material for our Gonstead midterm exam today. It's probably the most I've looked at this material since the semester started.

Regarding my adjustments in clinic, I think I'm still under 20 adjustments and need 50 by the end of the semester to move on to Tri-8. It's going to be close.

5:30 a.m. not much in this blog entry other than a placeholder and another count to my days.
National Boards Part II testing is a week and a half away. I did manage to schedule a physical with a patient I hadn't seen before for this coming Saturday. I do have those SOT classes this coming weekend. It's a bit hard not to feel like crap for not seeing the SOT and IHS classes through. I know there's other people taking them but, not everyone has the same schedule or even a full schedule for that matter.

I feel like I don't know any more about Gonstead or most of my classes any more than if I'd just read a magazine article. For the most part it's just a matter of continuing to do what I've been doing then waiting to see how it all plays out.

Hitting the gym has been going well and it may be the only thing this semester that I'm going to really profit from. I did an hour straight on the super incline treadmill machine yesterday. I can tell my heart is getting more used to the workload and having my heart rate in the 150 range isn't as much of a burden as it was in the beginning. I have to stay vigilant and not overdo any one workout in favor of a consistent pattern of working out. I've hurt myself too much in the past by overdoing any one workout. I think an hour at a time is good enough for cardio at this time, at least through this month.

It's getting really late but, I can still probably make it out of here by 6 a.m. if I get moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment