Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tri-7 Wk10 Day 432 - Wednesday

Wednesday was our last day of class before boards. We have four weeks left before finals. When first coming into Tri-7 I was using Tri-4 as a kind of mental template. Tri-4 was my easiest semester at Logan. We had boards in Tri-4 and I was expecting something similar for Tri-7. I remembered that being imbued & immersed in studying with the likes of Irene Gold and NBS tended to help my focus but, Tri-4 is nothing like Tri-7. I was talking with a classmate yesterday and quickly realized the magnitude of all the days lost this trimester. Between Irene Gold and NBS is a total of 15 days which either took away from class studies or patients. Adding in an extra specialized technique would add another 6 days for a total of three weeks - that's three solid weeks ...21 days of all day activity which took away from the task at hand. I completely lost another 4 days due to my brother's wedding which ramps the total number of days lost to 25 and with all the other miscellaneous snow days, power outage, IHS, etc., we came figured close to a month worth of days were lost.

I'm concluding week 10 and literally over 4 of those 10 weeks were gone. I've got a wedding reception immediately after my last board review so this coming Saturday and Sunday will be another two days lost. School at Logan, especially as a Tri-7 is MUCH too demanding and difficult to be losing all those days for anything other than focusing on classes and clinic. But, being able to see what's happened in hindsight does help to explain the extreme stress, bad attitudes and why my insides seem to be shaking so often.

I have four weeks left in the semester and need a strategy to help salvage everything I can. I still have my biggest priority set as getting through HCP - clinic and getting in 50 patients so I can make it to my outpatient clinic in Tri-8. St Peters is the big goal right now.

UGH .... fingers are still trembling ...maybe that will go away -
anyway, i do need a final stragegy - got sidetracked this morning from friends on IM. Need to get ready for school now.

I won't be counting today as a school day since our Tri has no classes in order to study for boards but I will be counting tomorrow and Saturday since we're required to be there for our National Board exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment