Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tri-7 Wk12 Days 442&443, Wed & Thur

I don't even know where to start ...I left home around 5:40 a.m. this morning and got back home about an hour ago at 10:30 p.m.
...good news text on the way home - tumor found in thyroid was benign - that's the 2nd time we've had to check on a tumor for a patient and this is just student clinic. Went to the real clinic over in St Peters tonight and they diagnosed a case of Lupus and had another patient come in with a kidney infection. I figure sooner or later we'll get some people with back issues ;)

Heard 2nd hand that a student got kicked out of school for cheating ...I heard that 2nd hand but, I do know first hand that they are no longer at the school. My head always swarms with topics throughout the day and on the way home but ...things seem to dissipate and get harder to recall when it's time to blog sometimes.

It's a Loooooong ride home from the clinic in St. Peters - a flat out 50 miles. I did stop at the gym (again) to at least get in a half hour of cardio to give my heart a helping hand along w/ a few sets of weights afterwards.
The good news was the I have zero plaque buildup in my carotid arteries - particularly at the bifurcation of the internal & external carotid arteries but, the arteries may not be as elastic as God intended so I'm supposed to follow up with that. I feel like I've spent more time under Dx US than I have in bed sleeping lately.
Had four patients scheduled for today but 2 where a no show and a third was almost missed due to my meetings tonight at St Peters but was able to reschedule so I ended up with 2/4 for the day and that brought my total up to 32 ...only 18 more to go. I actually scheduled patients on our first day of finals ...I wonder how many I'll be able to get in ;) LOL yeah .....

Talked to my Gonstead teacher today to see what kind of an F I got on his midterm and it turned out to be a pretty bad F. I guess with all the other classes I managed to get through with very minimal studying I was able to pull on prior classes and knowledge but, this Gonstead is a whole new ballgame with its own set of rules.

oh, by the way ...regarding yesterdays post about Tagamet and Zantac - I think I forgot to mention that reps from those drug companies did try to talk and present their studies at a conference after H. pylori was finally established and proven and those reps got laughed off stage which, is why those companies now have to rely on the unknowing public to plead their cause because most of the public doesn't know any better.

It was a bad F in Gonstead. I need a 90% on the final to pass that class (actually an 88% would do it) but, the teacher came up with a 90 (math is my forte but, I let the slight miscalculation slide) LOL

I can only laugh. However ....I did find out that there is a Gonstead class given between semesters for a mere $1,000 because so many people end up failing that class .....sounds like quite a racket to me! (just kidding but, it's late and I'm soooo tired ....)

Oh, and there will be a full day of class on Saturday - basically just a total repeat of a Monday. There's also a full day of Loomis (teacher's name) IHS that day and I had a patient scheduled for a complete physical ...those all can't go together ....ugh .....

I'm probably going to opt for the classes because I need all the help I can get - reschedule the physical to next weekend and I'm still going to try and sneak in a regular adjustment at 11:30 a.m. that day.

We can hang out at the clinic as much as we want (provided we're in clinic attire of course) and, if I only lived closer I could see myself doing that but, I don't think it's going to fly very well with home being 50 miles away. I am hoping to learn a lot there. :)

i just realized there are only two full weeks left - 10 days of classes then we have 5 days of finals. ....next week is our last full week then four days the next week then finals starting on Friday. I'll get that weekend off then Part IV board reviews start ..I guess I should look at that envelope from NBS

Geez.... my break is three days long ....NBS Part IV board reviews start Monday, 4/25/11, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and the same schedule on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday .....Then on Tuesday ....I start my shifts at the St Peters clinic ....

HEY! I finally get a day off on Thursday - Cinco de Mayo!!!! Yahoo!!! I'll work again on Friday then I might actually have 3 days off before Tri-8 starts ...

Here's the kicker ...what if I have to take Gonstead again? I've heard it's offered but I've also heard people have AF'd the class which means - Attendance Fail ....

I guess we'll see when we get there ...

It's after midnight - I better get my four hours of sleep in before it's too late ...

Well, I can certainly say my life is not boring ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment