Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tri-7 Wk9 Day 427 - St Peters Clinic Shift

I saw my schedule yesterday for St. Peters. My clinic shift days will be Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. At first, I liked the schedule because I figured at least I don't usually have classes on Saturday but then I realized that we have a meeting this month on the 31st which is a Thursday and if that's our regular weekly meeting day then 14 hour days 4 days a week and once a month we need to work a Saturday shift

That doesn't include 35 hours a week of school which is what I have this trimester nor does it include any community service. Monday through Friday with just classes and clinic puts us at 91 hours a week. Toss in a Saturday shift and anything extra and we're going to be topping 100 hours pretty easily.

I think I need a drink. Coffee should be just about ready ;)
Mmmm, yum ...better :)

Now I think one of the first things I'll buy once I'm working again is a new dishwasher. Lately, there seems to be a film of soap that gets left on my coffee cups that doesn't mix very favorably with my coffee. I'd also like one of those High Efficiency washing machines and a dryer that doesn't occasionally eat my clothes via getting stuck in the drum and scorching them :) Oh, and while we're at it I was looking at a *really* nice 2012 Lamborghini Aventador yesterday for just under $400,000. With a top speed of 217 miles per hour and 0-62 mph in 2.9 seconds, that could really help with any more long commutes I might have back and forth to work. Of course, this translates into being able to devote more time to my patients so maybe it could be a business expense! :D

OK, back to reality. We've got a Dx Imag III midterm tomorrow and a Soft Tissue midterm due by 11 a.m. There's also a Research Methods homework assignment due tomorrow but that's one I already knocked out because I thought it was due last week. Dxi III MT is at 12:55 tomorrow and I've got patients lined up for 11, 12, 4:15 and 6:15. I also have a pt scheduled for Friday and a two hour physical lined up for 10 a.m. on Saturday.

hmmmm.... Our classes for Tri-8 are posted as well as our clinic shifts. We have 16 different classes listed for next semester but six of them seem to be one class split up into 6 different parts or modules.

...I'm getting lost on too many tangents & need to refocus. I'd like to knock out my Soft Tissue midterm before our first class today and we're already pushing 4:30 a.m. Time to hit the shower and get a move on.

Today's Picture is of the Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 and includes a girl which I also need and would probably enjoy more than the dishwasher ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment