Monday, March 21, 2011

Tri-7 Wk11 Day 435 - Monday

Well, it was a good weekend but, not being the perfect individual I'd like to be, I'm falling short a bit this Monday morning. I fell asleep within 10 minutes of getting home late last night and overslept this morning. Our first class for today and tomorrow is cancelled so we can work on a diabetes paper that's due next week. I knew I was running late for my second class but thought I'd get there for my third class however the scant time I left myself, which is usually enough, wasn't quite enough this morning since I still had a lot of my little necessities packed in my car ...

I really need to find my phone, I'm sure it's in my car somewhere ....

I'm thinking it's easier to do things right away when you get older because if you don't do it right away you might forget what you were wanting to do in the first place ...

I think a lot of my friends have nice ways of expressing things that I don't always have the words for. A latest post from a classmate reads, "Time for post-boards life reorganization" aint that the truth ...
I kind of also need a post-wedding/marriage time for reorganization, I think there is another reception at my parents this coming Saturday night then the one in Minnesota next month. I really need to get my Dad into the clinic to help me get my four CMRs. I've got four weeks left of school.

All I can think to do is to salvage as much of this semester as possible.

[1:30 p.m.] I keep bouncing back and forth from taking care of things and writing in this blog. I think the last thing I did was fall asleep.

About a week or two ago I was discussing the difficulty level of school with some classmates and one of them pointed out some law school (which that person has never attended) and said it was much more difficult than Logan. I kept my mouth shut but, I was thinking in my head that the person purporting to know so much started the DC program when I did and has taken off an entire year since starting so, who are they to judge the difficulty level of a program they haven't even been fully imbued and apparently will be leaving again to go to head off on a different career path after this semester is over.

Another classmate of mine ended up dropping the program entirely last week. I guess I was thinking of these things because today looks like one of those very rare "no show" days for me and I was thinking that missing a single day is probably still better than missing a year or dropping out entirely.

There are so many stars that have to be aligned just right to make a good go at this school thing. I was kind of reminded of that again this morning when nothing was as I was accustomed to in terms of heading out the door for school. I did my best this weekend with attending my obligations. There's such a cumulative effect when sidetracked. I was taking advantage of some of this extra time today to clean and sort through the hundreds and hundreds of papers I have on my tables and desk and found stuff still cluttering up the place from my trip to Vegas last month.

On the plus side - this is all a fantastic opportunity to become more of the person I'd like to become which goes back to one of my original objectives for heading to Logan in the first place.

I need to get back to the cleaning and organizing. The mess I have here reminds me of my current semester ...so much stuff I'm not sure where to start. Missing a day is a bit of a blip of the radar but, I'll try to use today like I did when I found out I had gotten St Peters for clinic and work to make it into a huge, positive opportunity.

[3:45 p.m.] got several hours of cleaning in but it's not appearing to make much of a dent. I am on my fifth load of laundry though :)

[6:30 p.m.] with the little I tried to eat I'm reminded of the dysphagia I'm dealing with and as Dr. Kuhn mentioned it could be a beginning of presbyphagia. However, I did notice in the weeks I was working out before this weekend that I had zero episodes of dysphagia w/ regurgitation of the bolus. so, in my head I'm figuring my neurology is working better with regular workouts. I can only guess the episode today is related to the demands of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment