Friday, March 4, 2011

Tri-7 Wk8 Day 433 - Thursday

It's about 4:20 a.m. Friday and I just got done watching my first viewing of Activator Method Protocol DVD to help prepare for my Activator Midterm this morning. I lucked out a bit and our Activator Practical was I've recorded the audio portion of the DVD so I can listen to it while drving to school then I'll be able to spent a couple more hours before classes start to keep reviewing.

I think I have a patient at 12:30 today but that's it so, it could be an amazing weekend and, for me, an amazing weekend simply means I actually get a weekend to focus on school and not some other extra school related class or activity.

Yesterday was a clinic day which meant leaving home before 6 a.m. and getting home after 9 p.m. but, that also includes a quick stint at Gold's Gym on my way home. I'm still a bit chronically exhausted so I kept the workout to a mere 30 minutes of cardio then headed home since I knew I still needed to study for my Activator class.

I have noticed my short term memory coming back a little bit and was able to take slightly better notes in Dx Imaging yesterday. I'm looking forward to a little time off to be able to focus on my classes. We've got four midterms next week so I'm going to need every minute possible to get my life (school) in order and ready for the test ahead.

I am in survival mode but, I realized this morning that I'm talking about survival mode at Logan which, is a bit above and beyond a normal life of existing so, surviving at Logan may actually be akin to thriving in life overall. Still ...I guess I want to be thriving at Logan and not just surviving.

I better get moving or it's going to be 5 a.m. and I'll still be sitting here.

Today's picture shows something we were talking about in Diagnostic Imaging yesterday. The picture illustrates retropulsion of the posterior vertebral body. The bad thing about that for the patient is that the spinal cord is directly behind the vertebral body. Based on the shape of the vertebrae in the picture I'd say we're talking about a vertebrae in the Lumbar region or lower part of the spine. This person may be paralyzed from the waist down due to that retropulsion.

No comments:

Post a Comment