Friday, April 10, 2009

Wk 13, Day 58 - Thursday, April 9th

I have a gross anatomy practical this coming Tuesday and need to be spending as much time as humanly possible studying for that exam which is worth 1/5th of my grade in gross anatomy.  Another 1/5th of my grade will come about 10 days later in the form of a written final.  

I have many distractions which I'm dealing with right now and, I admit, I haven't been doing a very good job dealing with things.  

Pertaining to the picture in this blog, I need to know everything gross thing about that section of the human body, every muscle, artery, vein, nerve, origin, insertion, action, relationship, fascia, facial compartments, ligament and tendon in that region of the body.

I have the remainder of today (until about 6 p.m.) tomorrow and a few hours on Monday to learn all that stuff.  I know a lot of things on paper but I need to recognize everything in an actual cadaver.  If I took the test today I might not fare any better than 60% which is unacceptable.  

I need to get back to the school today and get at least four hours in.  I think it might be in my best interest to go straight to the Cardinals ballgame tonight from Logan instead of coming all the way home then back out that way.  On Saturday, I can allocate from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. then again on Monday for as long as the lab is open (until tagging at 1 p.m.)

During my break between semesters I want to fashion a manuscript I could bind into a simple book format pertaining to the human body.  I can't afford to forget what I've learned and should not be satisfied with knowledge of the human body which corresponds to a C or even B grade.  So, I want to continue my studies by compiling this book to reinforce my knowledge and better learn human anatomy.  I already have many sections started which have emerged from my present studies.  I have separate documents started for all the nerves, muscles by region, and arteries.  I'm putting these in alphabetical order and will also group them by region.   A compendium of list and tables is what I have now but I'll also add commentary as well as my own You-Tube links which will pertain to things such as the drawing the brachial plexus as well as all the arteries in the upper limbs.

I have to get and keep focused on the most important, immediate task at hand.  

No comments:

Post a Comment