Friday, April 17, 2009

Tri-1, Wk14, Day 61 - 4 Days & 7 Exams To Go!

I'd forgotten a couple exams - Biochemistry test went very well today.  Along with Gross Anatomy, it's supposed to be one of the most difficult classes yet seems to be my best class.

Tomorrow is  - tomorrow?!  It's 1 a.m. now - I should say, later on today, I have finals in Spinal Analysis and Spinal Anatomy.

Next week; Mon, Tue & Wed, I have final exams in
Histology, Cell Biology, Philosophy, Biochemistry and Gross Anatomy.

With the taxing nature of this DC program, I find myself in need of much recuperation & repair.  I got an hours worth of sleep today on a classmates couch between classes, zero sleep the night before and only 4 hours the day before that.  I also got blood chem results from my chiro physical and my triglyceride levels have gone through the roof - some 300% above where they should be.  I've already paid for a 5 day per week, 4 week long boot camp which starts on May 18th but my doctor said she didn't want me participating in it until my triglyceride levels have improved.  She was concerned about all the excessive resistance on my heart and wanted to avoid it becoming enlarged, thereby making it an inefficient pump.  She recommended seeing my MD doctor to get some medication to help knock those levels down quickly so I might be in good enough condition to partake in the bootcamp which, in itself will help me a lot.  

I'm going to have to start thinking of regular exercise as a required class.  It's ironic that in the pursuit of learning everything about the human body and how to care for it that mine is starting to fall apart!  My doctor was rather optimistic though and I know while I was in the accelerated science program I managed no less than three 5k's per week so I'll have to reintegrate that kind of stuff back into my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment