Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tri-3, Wk15, Day 199 - Wednesday - 15/15

Three finals left.
Microbiology was the big test today -
With a 102% average in Philosophy, I blew studying off for that test completely and focused my attention on Micro -
I did look at philosophy the 1/2 hour before the test and I did give up my A and ended up with a B+ in the class but it was the right decision because I just passed by Micro test with 4 questions to spare -
I ended up with a 72% on my Micro final. I knew it was close while taking the test. It's a bit surreal to be in the situation of actually taking a final and knowing that if you don't get enough questions correct that you'll be left behind, that you won't make it fully into the next trimester with the class you started with.

It's a little after 3 a.m. and I still need to look at stuff for my physiology class - that final is in less than six hours -
I figured out the numbers and only need a 29% to pass the class but need at least a D on the final to maintain my C in the class - I guess it's still theoretically possible to get less than a 29%, fail the class and be held back so I shouldn't be so lackadaisical. I guess I'm just not sure where to start because there's so much information. We had 6 exams over the course of the semester in that class.

I've been looking over my embryo flashcards a bit - the first 12 are the toughest cards because the words don't really relate or stick to anything in my brain. There's a series of arches, clefts and pouches that relate to an embryo and we have to know what each one ends up becoming. For instance, the first pharangeal arch gives rise to the sphenomandicular ligament. I'm getting there but it's slow going.

We have our class picture tomorrow, taken by yours truly. That's at 11 a.m.

I CANNOT WAIT TO BE DONE WITH THIS TRIMESTER!

All I could think of for a picture was to show some bloodied soldier still standing - the pic of the day is as close as I could get w/o spending too much time on the search. The soldier in the pic isn't bloodied but is still walking which is a pretty good metaphor as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment