Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sunday Evening Post...


9 days left of Tri-3. Our last day of finals will coincide with our 200th class day at Logan.

In my mind, I keep floating around the 50% chance of moving on to the next trimester which, essentially means, "I don't know". My prediction has nothing to do with confidence or anything like that, it's much more pragmatic and simply based on time. I know I can learn pretty much anything set before me but, I can only learn so much so fast. I was figuring today that say for physiology if I study 8 hours I can earn a D, 16 hours gives me a C and 24 hours studying gives me a B. For a class like pathology it might be 9 hours for a D and 18 hours for a C and I'm thinking I maybe got 20 or so hours in for our last exam so I think I can count on getting at least a C on our last test (we'll find out tomorrow)

I'm guessing those times would be less if I had other people to study with on a regular basis. It's a bit hard picking everything up on your own. I guess a main reason my diversified class grade is hurting so much is because the focus was on getting the time in for other classes. On our final grades webpage, labs and lectures are combined so I've got 10 classes to pass.

I'd really like to find out what happens to the $835 spent on upcoming prep and National Boards testing if I don't get through all of my classes. It's a tough hit to take financially when all you've got for income is student loans and a bit more stressful when it occurs just before Christmas and need to be buying gifts for the family.

I've used a dozen books to help prop up my coffee table in the living room to act as an adjusting table and have been practicing on my model spine.

...regarding physiology - My grade was on the cusp of a B before last test, then I took a hit and it dropped a bit. I could be taking another hit tomorrow and would need a solid showing on the final with at least a passing grade to get through that class. Anything less than a C though and that hurts the GPA and anything less than a C average would also prohibit me from taking boards. I think I'm well above 2.5, maybe 2.7 or so but it's still early in the curriculum and physio is a 6 hour class.

Diversified is on Tuesday - I thought of tutoring tomorrow during lunch but the physio test is right after lunch so I'll probably be cramming the last bit of info in my head for that ...I'll fit in what time I can.

Microbiology Lab Exam is on Wednesday - guess that's what I'll be studying on Tuesday night

Orthopedics Lab practical is on Thursday - I probably have as much to get down for that class as I do for diversified but, my grade is much stronger so I have a little bit of wiggle room

Friday is Basic and Public Health - Public Health is a bit of a problem for a lot of people. I kind of wish we could just get a booklet of fact and just memorize it. Things seem a bit random on that class but, I'll do what I can. I'll find out more this week what's up for Basic. Friday is the official start of our final exams so, we only have to attend our test. I think Fridays exams start at 7:30 and 11:30 so, I might make it home by 3 or 4 that day ....I'm quite certain I'll be looking forward to sleep when I get home :)

Monday is our Diversified written final along with our Pathology final. I really could use more time for both test...

Tuesday is Philosophy and Microbiology. I have a pretty strong grade in philosophy which means I'll probably put minimal effort into studying for that class and maximum effort studying for Microbiology which hasn't been such a strong class. For some reason, our teacher hasn't curved any of our test which is different than any other time we've had this teacher. I'm passing the class but not with any great cushion or leeway for any mistakes.

Wednesday is Physiology and Embryology - wow ....well, physio will probably be one of the most challenging exams I'll have and Embryo just takes the time to study to get a good grade.

Thursday wraps up tri 3 and our 200th day of class with our Orthopedics written exam.

I think it's going to be a series of naps throughout this week until I can get a good nights rest on Friday night.

Today's pic is of a coin being flipped! :)
I'll do my best. I know I can do better and improve some of my processes and habits for next time. I think I'm going to try a 90 min nap, then study from 12 to 2 then get another 3 hours sleep until 5 - heck, maybe until 5:30! then drink massive amounts of coffee and cram all the physio in my head that I can before our test at 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment