Thursday, February 26, 2009

Day 28 - time to STOP studying ...

It has become all too obvious to me that I cannot study as if I were merely going to school.  What I'm doing now is well beyond any schooling I've ever had before in my entire life.  I can not simply go to class, come home, study and then go about my life.  I cannot simply study anymore - I have to start LIVING this stuff every minute of every day.  If my eyes wander off my computer screen and gaze onto a book then I need to have that part of my bookshelf covered with a slide from an anatomy PowerPoint.  I've already started to cover my hall closet doors with PowerPoint slides.  

There is simply too much material to look at once or even twice to get it.  I need to be looking at this stuff around the clock.  

My hall and front room book shelves will be covered in papers and note cards.  The mirrors in my bathroom need to have academic material taped to them.  I only need a small section of mirror in order to shave but the rest of it needs to have school stuff on it.  

I really need to immerse myself.  I've been wading in water that's too shallow.  I need to jump into water over my head and stay submerged for as long as I can each day.  

I have to get back to studying - well, round the clock immersion studying but from now on, studying isn't something I do for a bit then get back to, it's something that has to occur around the clock.  I'll have some time tomorrow night to cut loose and I'll have time in the gym and time when I sleep when I won't have to look at school material but the rest of the time needs to become ALL school - it has to - it simply has to or I'm not going to make it to the next trimester.

No comments:

Post a Comment