Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day 26 - Surviving ...

This is quite a ride ...

Let's see ...Biochemistry was very interesting this morning.  We're kind of covering the life of a proton as it travels from bicarbonate, dissociated CO2, hemoglobin and fun stuff like that.

Spinal Analysis - I had my midterm practical today.  Hands on palpation sort of stuff.  I probably did rather well and expect an A.

Prosection - i ran a little late to this class since I was in the last group to take the spinal analysis midterm.

Dissection - I primarily worked on the neck of our cadaver - we're ripping out spinal erector muscles (kind of literally).  I know one group had transverse processes breaking off vertebraes because of severe osteoporosis in their cadaver.  There's a lot of fascia in a body and that's just the fibrous sheaths that cover muscle groups (among other things) and we can tell a lot about the activity level of our cadavers when they were alive because if they were active not active then the fascia undergoes scaring and the muscles aren't able to glide across each other easily but, if they kept active during their lives then the muscles are more easily separated.
It's all pretty amazing.  There's a lot of muscle in the neck region.

Cell Biology - I feel sorry for our teacher, Dr. Anaad sometimes because his class is right before Anatomy and everyone usually ends up studying for their upcoming test and ignores his lectures and he's a very nice man.  We're supposed to have a mid-term in that class sometime soon.

Anatomy - OK - I was ahnihilated.  I had actually visualized shouting "Praise Jesus" after getting a 100% on the test but the reality was far from anything praise-worthy.  I'm not sure what I did wrong.  I had studied at Denny's on Friday night until 5 a.m. and at least 6 hours on Monday night but it wasn't enough and I ended up getting one of my lowest test scores.  There was an opportunity for extra credit and I got all of those questions correct.  

I did talk with people from the psycology department at SLU today and sent in a retainer of $50 for testing.  The total price is $280 for the battery of test but, if they can help me and my studies in any way then it will be worth it.  This course of action was recommended by one of our school councelers who is a DC and a psychiatrist.

It's way too late tonight for me to still be up but there's just a ton to do ...I'm shocked tomorrow is only Wednesday - it seems I've put enough work this week that tomorrow should be Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment