Thursday, February 19, 2009

Day 22 - Wednesday, February 18, 2009

We had an interesting speaker we listened to today in the Purcer Center.  The mans lecture was from 9-11 but I was talking with my biochem teacher after class today ...mainly I wanted to listen to questions fellow classmate Kathleen was asking because I thought I might be able to learn a little more :)
Biochemistry is one fascinating class.  :)  We're learning about peptide linkages and amino acids.  Today in biochem lab we tested 8 different carbohydrates - from xyline to an unknown which I was able to determine was fructose via a series of different test.  

It was a pretty long day today.  I got up around 2:30 a.m., left for school a little after 3 a.m. and made it to the student process center at Logan around 4 a.m. and got in some extra study time today for our test today in biochem lab and Histology.   I had trouble identifying a beta-carbon fron a series of 5 amino acids molecules, well, only 4 were amino acids and I had it narrowed down to 2 but picked the wrong one so I ended up w/ a 4 out of 5 on that test.  I'm hoping that will be my low score so it gets dropped :)  It's the only point I've missed so far in biochem lab.  The biochem lab teacher wasn't able to explain the answer or understand it himself so I don't feel so bad for missing it :)

Histology went reasonably well.  I'd better get to my Anatomy studies.  We have a test today (tomorrow, 2/19) covering the joints of the lower limbs and need to know the names of all the ligaments.  I also need to email our prosector, Frankie, to set up some tutoring time so I'll be ready for our Anatomy practical coming up soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment