Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tuesday, Wk10, Day 244 - Tuesday

Two more full days of classes, one day off then two days of National Boards, Part I.

Nutrition was actually kind of interesting today. We had three powerpoints full of tiny print which showed everything that was in a carrot. Literally, hundreds and hundreds of nutrients. I believe the teacher was pointing out the fact that taking a supplement, such as Vitamin A, still doesn't compare to all the nutrients we get from eating real food. Another example she gave was of an apple which contains only 5 mg of Vitamin C. She said that because of the other nutrients in the apple, such as bioflavinoids that the 5 mg of Vit C in an apple had the equivalent of a 1500mg supplement.

Oh, we started cervical adjusting today in Diversified. Pretty cool stuff. I'm going to need plenty of practice - which reminds me - I still need to order my adjusting table. We also learned today that we can use equipment such as our opthalmascope from a company called Hines but, for whatever reason, they are not allowed on campus to give their presentation so we have to go off campus to see what they have to say. Must be some lucrative deal between Allyn Welch & Logan.

Well, it's after 5 p.m. and I've had my hour plus of screwing around so I better get back to studying for those boards. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment