Tuesday, March 9, 2010

TRI-4, Wk9, Day 239 - Tuesday

Wow, not only did I get a comment from my Mom yesterday I was also honored with a comment from Dr. Ross Carter, D.C. He's got a great looking website at http://www.gentledr.com/ and you should really check it out! Good stuff :)

There was something my NMS teacher said yesterday that caught my attention right away. He mentioned that with increased amounts of substance-P that resulted in an increased number of receptors for substance-P. However, this is not always the case. In the brain for instance, if we smoke or do coccaine or anything like that then we have an increased level of dopamine but, the cellular response to a feel good chemical like dopamine is to down regulate the number of dopamine receptors.

So, at least with regards to dopamine and substance-P, it would appear that if you're in pain, it will be easier to feel the pain as it continues - ie, greater sensitization but, if you're feeling good then it will be harder to feel good from a constant source of dopamine -

anyway - it was a good day today. I forgot about a simple orthopedics practical I was supposed to have today but, my partner went home sick so we rescheduled it for March 30th.

Dr. Montgomery - aka the Zeus of Chiropractic gave me a cervical adjustment after our Basic class today. He uses a technique called Spears which is just phenomenal. I don't think it's one of the 14 basic techniques taught at Logan but I have heard that Dr. Montgomery will teach it over a couple weekends to people that are interested.

Basic Nutrition - Vitamin K: we've got two types, K1 and K2 - you can get K2 from butter but not from margarine.

Pathology - went over some pathology of the prostate today, also the teacher mentioned that whole milk is 3% even though it's not generally listed as such.

Well, I really need to get studying - two midterms tomorrow and two on Thursday. I think I'll do pretty well in Diversified. It's been a HUGE help to be able to practice with a fellow student. I've got to get my own portable table soon. I also think I'll do pretty well in philosophy. Fund Dx is going to be a challenge but, I've never missed a class and did get some good studying in over the weekend. My Basic adjusting class may be my weakest link right now. I'll devote a good amount of time to that tonight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment