Monday, March 22, 2010

TRI-4, Wk11, Day 249 - Monday




It was a late start today for many, many students who took boards over the weekend and I was no exception.

Today's pictures represent some of the medical equipment I bought today. I also got a great deal on a new adjusting table. It's a model our book store just got in and I like it a lot better than the model I was previously considering. Both tables started out at the same price of $299 but, having adjustable legs, a carrying case and shipping all added about $150 extra to the one table but, was all included w/ the newer model. Seems like better cushioning on the one I got also. :)

I did opt for the Littmann stethescope, it was between that one and the Welch Allyn brass stethescope. The Littmann came with a lot of extras plus, it's the one I see most doctors wearing on television. ;)
I also went with the Lithium Ion handle and the PanOptic opthalmascope. I checked on eBay to get an idea of what those PanOptic scopes went for and found a few with a Buy It Now price of around $450 which kind of indicates that we're getting a heck of a deal as students and, for only $25 extra I was able to get the traditional head opthlamascope which will be needed for comp boards. From a diagnostic point of view, I liked the idea of the newer Pan Optic scope and figure my future patients are worth it. ;)

That's about it - I've just been predominately reading for most of the past five hours for upcoming test - Pathology and Nutrition. Nutrition is on Wednesday and Pathology is on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment