Thursday, March 4, 2010

TRI-4, Wk8, Days 235 & 236 - Wed & Thur

Aced our Pathology II exam today! Got a 56 out of 60. I had a situation for two of the questions where I could have split the answers by choosing the same answer for both questions and knowing I'd get at least one of them right but, I also knew I was close to getting a 100% on the exam so I went for it and had them backwards - no biggie - I still did really well on that exam. Our philosophy quiz was simply an open book exam and the we even got the page numbers to refer to on our exam so, I'm assuming that grade will be an A also. :)

Next week I'll have four different midterm exams over two days - Wednesday and Thursday

Wednesday = Diversified & Basic
Thursday = Fund Dx & Philosophy

Those classes will be my focus for the next week.

I still have to decide on my diagnostic equipment. I checked ebay to get an idea of prices and learned the PanOptic Ophthalmoscope head can run $450 even on ebay so, paying a bit less than $140 to get one now is a bit of a bargain. Even the traditional ophthalmoscope head can run well over $100 but, w/ the PanOptic I can add a traditional head for only $25.

Regarding the handle, I'm kind of leaning towards the less expensive model for two reasons. For one thing, it just feels a bit better in my hands, the Lithium Ion handle is kind of small and I also like the fact that the NiCad handle can take C-batteries if needed. For stethoscopes, it's either going to be the brass one by Welch Allyn or a Littmann. I caught a news clip earlier tonight w/ an MD and recognized their stethoscope as being a Littmann.

It's well after midnight but, I'm up for the duration since I fell asleep shortly after getting home from school yesterday so I need to start getting my studies in. More focus. I just need to keep my head in the game and not get sidetracked or dissuaded by the trivialities of day to day living.

btw, I just learned via a comment that fellow chiropractor Ann is from Ireland! How cool is that?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment