Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tri-7 Wk7 Day 428, Tuesday

Checked out St. Peters today. It's a heck of a nice place and kind of HUGE. It's got several rooms with diversified tables, rooms with Cox flexion/distraction tables and even a room in back with an Activator table. The PT room is also huge with about 4 tables and each one has interferential type machines, a cervical traction unit and a k-laser. I should have brought my camera. There's a nice looking bar and grill to the left of the clinic and a beauty college to the right.

We'll see what happens. I just need to keep my blood pressure well under the 205 over 110 range and I should be OK. I'm doing what I can. I've had nothing but salads for lunch and still hitting the gym every day on my way home from school which, includes tonight. Dinner was asparagus and salmon with V8 to wash it down.

School was good. I had two patients scheduled for this evening but only one showed up. It's kind of odd, I had Dr. Perillot sign my sheets and observe my adjusting. She's nice as pie but I still get so wound up that by the time I was done with my patient I felt like I was going to throw up ...not exactly sure why.

Dr. Jason kept us updated on the political side of chiropractic. He certainly keeps things real. I've heard Dr. Montgomery has chartered a bus for tomorrow to take students to Jefferson City to help support upcoming passages of Bills relevant to the chiropractic profession.

Dr. Kuhn ....whew! You certainly get your money's worth in that class. He probably fits more information in an hour than some teachers do in 3 or 4 hours. I've had a pretty good understanding about how edema works in the lungs but today in GIUG we heard about edema with regards to the intestines and how that inhibits absorption of nutrients like protein. I'm guessing the mechanism is similar to how it is in the lungs. I guess that assumes capillary intervention with the intestines which, makes sense. The interstitial edema would increase the physical space between the intestines and capillaries. Anyway, I thought it was interesting. There's a ton I have to learn.

I was still in a funk this morning and didn't get underway until 6:30 which meant not making it in time for my first class which, I thought was geriatrics but it was actually endocrinology which I absolutely didn't mean to miss. Then I'm thinking i'll be able to make Endo tomorrow when I learned today was Tuesday and not Monday.
The night ended a bit odd after I pulled into the garage. I was taking my bookbag out of the car and knocked off my rear view mirror. :(
The mirror actually took with it a piece of the glass from the windshield.

I kind of wonder if a conglomerate type of course could be taught with regards to adjusting techniques. There's some really amazing stuff out there.

I'm unsure about a few things regarding my classes. SOT in particular.

NO FREAKIN WAY ..... there's talk of closing part of the bridge on hwy 70 leading into St. Charles ...that's the bridge I have to take to get to the St. Peters office .....hmmm, it sounds like bids are going in this Fall. I might escape one there. I keep trying to tell myself God had a plan different than mine and maybe He knows best.

I'm still not exactly sure how I'm supposed to garner patients in a town that's 50 miles away from where I live. I've been a licensed real estate agent and I don't think it's all that reasonable to think I could get my home listed with an agent, sell it and then have it close during my last break which is maybe two weeks at best.

I think we have one student in our SOT class who is already a doctor so I'll still be able to properly learn the technique at some time. I've got a ton to learn.

Given the table selection at St. Peters I think I'd like to take the Cox Flexion/Distraction class as a specialized technique but ...I'd also like to continue on with my Activator training.
We only have one more day of classes this week, which is tomorrow then we'll be in NBS Board Reviews for Part II national boards.

anyway ...I've got a Physical Therapy II midterm exam tomorrow and an Applied Kinesiology exam due Friday ...got my work cut out for me. time to hit the sack and get up early.

No comments:

Post a Comment