Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Dress to Impress, Live to Inspire

Tri-7 Wk7 Day 429, Wednesday

It was over Christmas break when I came up with the notion, "Dress to Impress, Live to Inspire" I'm not sure exactly what thoughts led to that quote but, I've often found that considering diametrically opposed ends of a spectrum can often lead to easily seen insight. I'd put Living to Inspire at one end of the spectrum and consider committing suicide at the other end of the spectrum. The thoughts may stem from an ultimate objective to live an inspiring life and that leads me back to one of the 26 original reasons for quitting my job at SAVVIS and heading to Chiropractic school at Logan which was to put myself in a position where I'd probably be forced to become a better person in order to complete the DC program.

I'm guessing the quote could be stated as, "Dress to Impress but, Live to Inspire" and perhaps this is just an objective that I tend to hold as significant. It reminds me of the quote I once read that was attributed to Benjamin Franklin, "A good example is better than a good sermon"

Either the example or sermon may serve to inspire but the example is more powerful.


Leaving my SOT class was a big hiccup, somewhat like a major correction in the stock market. The weekend kind of sucked and was not an ideal time to be isolated and alone but, that's where I found myself. I was grateful to get moving again with school this week. It's the best thing I could have done. Everything seems to be better in the groove and not so much when I'm thrown off the horse onto the isolated desert.

I again had my breakfast burrito and OJ for breakfast and salad for lunch and hit the gym on the way home. Stopping off at the gym on the way home is ideal. I don't necessarily always want to go there, mainly because I seem to be perpetually exhausted but I can pretty readily see that if I were to go home first that my odds of ever making it to the gym would be next to nill.

...I still can't remember what classes I had today ....going backwards I think I can reconstruct ....
HCP III was the last class for two hours. We went over lab test we can do for our patients such as Urine Analysis, Chem Panels and CBCs.

Dx Imaging III was before that but, I was involved with another new patient and by the time I was able to head to class I learned that class was already over, on attendance was taken and our teacher was out of town until next week. After an initial exam with the patient I set up a diagnostic ultra sound to confirm a diagnosis of a benign lipoma which, fortunately ended up being correct.

Oh, we had our PT II midterm exam this morning and it was *spectacular*! I'd left home this morning about quarter after 5 but didnt' get to school until after 6:45. The long drive was due to some unexpected ice on the highways this morning which resulted in no less than 16 accidents in the metro St. Louis area, two bridges connecting Illinois to Missouri being completely closed and a huge pile up of cars on east bound Hwy 40 which involved somewhere between 21 and 26 cars and semi's. But, the great part came with the exam. I got to question #3 and was thinking the exam was a bit harder than expected when the guy sitting behind me pointed out to the teacher that the exam was actually for PT I (last semester's class) ... LOL!
The teacher realized the mistake and told us all to just hand in our scantrons and said he'd give us all a pass on the exam. I'm not exactly sure what that means but considering I lost the hour to study I had allocated it was a very welcomed surprise.

had to break down and grab my schedule ... we had Applied Kinesiology then Geriatrics after PT.


2 comments:

  1. this may be of no help and has nothing to do with your blog but after reading it I can't help but to think of what dad has said about this journey you are now on.. I believe he has said from the start it is a huge puzzle and the pieces will all fit together to get the full picture.. you are now working towards the middle and those can be the hardest to fit sometimes... but.. they do and will fit.. the problem may be they are a little scattered and can get overwhelming at times and when you have to many things going its hard to fit them all in place.. we have faith in you and you must too.. I am not as good with words as you Scott but hope this does make some sense to you ... we are here for you !!! and Love you !!!! :) good luck and as always prayers are with you !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Scott,
    I am across your blog quite by accident - searching for an image of Rickettsiae. I am a student at the University of Lincoln, United Kingdom. Thanks for sharing your blog. You sound like a interesting person and I shall be reading your posts. Good luck with the studies...
    Val x

    ReplyDelete