Monday, February 7, 2011

Tri-7 Wk5 Day 418 Monday & a little late

My time off from school was extended a little bit today by missing my first hour class due to a crash on Hwy 64, not 5 miles away from my house, which closed four lanes and backed up traffic for about 90 minutes. Apparently a car swerved over two lanes and rear-ended a semi that was parked on the shoulder of the highway because of brake issues. It's not the worst accident I've seen on the highway but, referring to the picture, you can see it was pretty bad and I had my doubts that the driver survived. Later, I learned the driver was a 24 year old female from Belleville, IL who, in spite of injury, is still alive.

I need to get re-engaged with school at a very high level to make it through this semester. Usually, I'm pretty good at gauging what I need to do in order to be successful but with so many new aspects to this semester, such as clinic, I'm a bit clueless. I'm reminded now of an analogy I heard regarding how a car's headlights can only allow a person to see about 200 feet ahead but, even with that limited vision a car can still drive in the dark from LA to New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment