Monday, February 28, 2011

Sat Graduation, Sun Workout


Tri-7 Wk7/8 Holding at Day 431

[Sunday night ~11:45 p.m.] Going backwards in time, I had a nice workout on Sunday after enjoying a nice breakfast with my parents. I had two days off from working out and I'm thinking the rest may have been helpful since I ended up getting in 50 minutes of cardio which included 20 minutes on a stair stepper machine and 30 minutes in a treadmill with inclines of no less than 21 degrees for 25 of the 30 minutes. I'd never used the stair stepper machine so I used it at level 1 which seemed very simple (only 30 steps per minute) but, after 20 minutes it still raised my heart rate close to 150. The super incline treadmill is another new piece of equipment in the gym and I've been following a program printed on a placard located on the front of the treadmill called the 3X Calorie Burn. I wasn't able to maintain the extreme inclines last Thursday for the entire 30 minutes but was able to today. I capped off the 50 minutes of cardio with some weights.

It's early Monday morning aprox 5:15 a.m. and I started this blog about midnight last night. Just got notice that Logan is closed today due to a power outage at the school. ...just had to check on KSDK.com (local news station) to make sure (Facebook is only so reliable) and sure enough both Logan and Maryville University are closed today. They're in close proximity to one another so it would make sense that both are without power.

The big thing this weekend would have been my graduation at Logan for a BS degree.

[Monday ~9 a.m.] Wow - I've awoken from my three hour nap to over a dozen messages on my phone. Let's see ...here are my "official" text from one of our class officers ...
5:15 a.m. School is Closed
5:30 a.m. School is Closed but Board Reviews are still on
7:34 a.m. School is Closed AND Board Reviews are cancelled ...

If the school is closed then I'd assume the bookstore and cafeteria would be closed as well. whatever - I'm glad I went back to bed upon the first notice otherwise I would have wasted two hours driving.

Anyway, I did graduate w/ a BS degree on Saturday. For some reason, blogger.com rotated my the picture of my diploma that I'm using as today's pic. This is a difficult semester. I think I'm going to throw on some workout clothes and head over to my parents house. My Dad and his training partner should be lifting today starting at 9! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment