Thursday, February 17, 2011

Tri-7 Wk6 Day 426, Thursday Morning

I think I first opened my eyes at 3:30 a.m. and the next time I opened my eyes it was 4:30. It's about quarter until 5 now and I've got my clinic attire in the wash machine and thought I'd knock a blog entry before I hit the shower.
I'm thinking my current "drug of choice" is pro-activity. There's nothing that's able to help me more than just jumping on things and taking action. PT exam is the big thing for tomorrow. Driving out to St Peters and home is the big thing for the future and I question how "random" our drawings were since I came in near last on our last three lottery drawings - speaking of which, I didn't win this weeks PowerBall lottery. ;)
I got a cool comment on yesterdays post from a recent graduate. They said they used http://www.chiro.org/LINKS/dx.shtml for clinic codes. I'll have to share that with the rest of my class. Huh, good site! Just transfered the codes over to a word document. Sounds like laundry is done - time to transfer to dryer and get some coffee. :)
[5:23 a.m.] snuck in a shower along w/ the coffee and laundry.

Someone posted a status update on Facebook saying there were over 1,000 chemicals in coffee but, I'm not sure what the point of the post was. Coffee is just a bean that comes from the ground and I would think the same thing could be said about any plant based thing we eat that comes from the ground.

Dr Bub kind of nailed a few things regarding some of the innate hypocrisy that tends to be prevalent at Logan when he commented on how there's so many people at the school who are ardent supporters of the all natural, holistic approach to health yet don't have a problem taking birth control or drinking alcohol on a regular basis. I'm thinking it's maybe a function of age or youth for people to by hypercritical of others without knowing much about the circumstances of another persons life. I was thinking about this a bit on the way home from school yesterday.

I do smoke but, there have been benefits from smoking. The biggest benefit I've gotten is realizing very early on that there are some things I cannot easily fully control and smoking would be one of those things. However, I've also been exposed to pretty much every single elicit drug out there from cocaine to heroin, ecstasy, pot, acid, crack, you name it, there's probably been a time in my life when I was exposed to it and it was available but, I've also known that if I can't handle the smoking, that is, if I can so easily become addicted to something as relatively innocuous as cigarettes then what are my chances of becoming really messed up and addicted to things that are presumably a heck of a lot stronger than cigarettes.

Anyway, those kinds of thoughts were always on my mind when I'd find myself around all that other stuff so I've stayed away from all the rest
...5:42 a.m. - hoping my clothes are dry - need to get moving. Leaving before 6 a.m. makes for a much nicer ride to school.
School / Patients / Workout / study for PT exam, that's my current future.

No comments:

Post a Comment