Friday, February 11, 2011

Tri-7 Wk5 Day 421 - Thursday & Rant

How far is as far away as possible? (pertaining to my St. Peters outpatient location). That would be a little over 117 miles. Home, to school, to St Peters and back home, a little over 117 miles. That last stint from St. Peters to home is an even 50 miles. kind of leaves me with a pervasively sick stomach.

Generally speaking, I'd say I'm getting pretty destroyed.
However, I have been taking arms against this current sea of troubles by stopping of at the gym on my way home from school. Ever since I found out about the St. Peters clinic assignment. I'm sure it's a fine clinic with fine people. It's my health or rapid degradation of said health that I'm most concerned with and I'd have to say that stems from my year of driving to school when highway 64 was closed down and my resting blood pressure skyrocketed by the end of that year. This drive to St. Peters is about 20 miles further then what I had to drive with the closed highway.

Of course, we do have two brothers in class that share one car who have been split up and one of them is at St. Peters. It might make a lot of sense to let me change places with the one that is not at St. Peters. That would solve two problems. For one thing, I would be spared driving 117 miles a day, three days a week for the next year and two, the brothers would both have transportation to their clinic. But, I guess ......yeah, i'll stop talking about it now ...for now ....

Today's pic is one of my new business cards.
I think I'm supposed to interact in the new location and maybe get those handed out...

I'm not so much bitter about the situation as I am confounded over the stupidity of the new policy which just took affect this trimester due to the actions of a previous trimester ...is that like throwing the whole family in jail because one member of the family did something wrong? Just as ludicrous, I'd say.

I think I could also make an argument for change when too many people who became chiropractors 20, 30 or even 40 years ago are in charge. They're just too far removed from the reality of what it takes to be a chiropractor these days. Some of those people making policy didn't go through half of what it takes to be a chiropractor today. Hell, a lot of the knowledge we learn today didn't even exist back then much less all the requirements that keep getting added.

What ever happened to that concept from the book, The Little Prince. I think that was the book. The concept was that sometimes perfection isn't attained when there's nothing left to add but rather sometimes perfection is achieved when there's nothing left to take away.

No comments:

Post a Comment