Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tri-6, Wk11, Days 382, 383 - T-Minus 5 days to Phys Dx Exam 3

Wow, my last post was T-minus 10 days to Phys Dx Exam 3 and now we're down to 5. There's also an EENT exam tomorrow which is why I'm listening to EENT teacher, Dr. DeGeer as I type this. I have to decide whether or not to sign up for an extra class next trimester.

Yesterday's commute to school was quite interesting. There was a car in the fast lane and one in the middle lane going the same speed. Kind of a typical situation. The slow lane was clear for miles (as it often is) so I moved over to the slow lane to pass the two cars traveling side by side. Then I noticed the middle vehicle, a red truck, increased their speed to keep me from passing. What ensued was remarkable. That truck would cut in front of me and hit the brakes, get behind me and flash his brights. I'd move two lanes away and they kept buzzing me.

My biggest temptation was to pull over on the side of the road, hoping the guy in the truck would follow suit then pound them into the ground. It's unlikely they would be expecting someone that weighs 294 pounds who has benched over 500 pounds and has a background in Shorin-Ryu karate to be coming at them. Of course, I knew the probability was such that I was probably going to be on the road longer and they'd eventually need to exit.

On the way to school today I was thinking about the redneck derelict in the truck and it helped me to make a decision about signing up for an extra class this morning. My thinking was I want to be as far away from people like that as I can possibly be and I figured coming in extra weekends to take another class would be a good step towards further differentiation.

Now, I just need to decide whether to take SOT or Advanced Basic. I want them both (eventually) If I sign up for Basic, I'll miss the last two classes then have to make them up but, I've already got permission from the instructor (Dr. Montgomery) to be able to miss those due to the Internal Health program conflict. If I take SOT then I'll miss two days of Irene Gold however, I would consider it only one day missed because *if* the last day of Part II review is like the last day of Part I review then ....well, then I'm rationalizing it's isn't like missing much. I'm going to post this, step outside and think things over.

Today's picture is the seal from the Sacro Occipital Research Society International

No comments:

Post a Comment