Thursday, November 18, 2010

Tri-6, Wk11 Day 385 Thur. T-Minus 4 days to PhysDx Exam 3, 5 days to Pediatrics

I certainly gave my EENT exam a valiant effort. I'm not sure if I've been able to achieve my objective of getting an A. I could only miss 4 out of 60 to get an A and that's dubious, at best. Oh well, time to focus on more Phys Dx & then Pediatrics the day after.

I'm pretty tired tonight and haven't studied anything. I watched some Star Trek & threw caution to the wind on my way home and bought some chips and soda of all things.

I think I'm still getting used to the destitute and stark loneliness since my neighbor died. Things are much more quiet and lonely. More often than not, the last time I speak to another person in a given day is upon leaving school then, not again until I see someone come into the cafeteria in the morning.

I've been thinking more and more about memories lately. At the surface, memories would appear to be an element of the past however, since memory is akin to putting something in storage it would appear that memories are for our future since that is when we would retrieve them.

I know people tend to query that time keeps moving faster as they get older but, I would supposist that' it's merely our perception in much the same way that driving to a new destination the first time seems to take the longest while subsequent trips don't seem as long. That, and, along w/ the mathematics of aging ...to wit - at age 10, a single year represents 10% of our existence, while at my age, 44, a year comprises less than 2.5%.

Nothing too startling here - I think I just need to make this an early night and get some sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment