Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tri-3, Wk11, Days 180, 181, 182 - Tue, Wed, Thur

This will not be a good week for attendance. I've been feeling pretty rough. Right now, I'm just trying to avoid throwing up or, emesis as we say in school. :)

Current projections for getting through this semester are around 55%. I need to work at bolstering that self derived projection in a more positive direction.

Anyway, up a little later today than normal but, pulling an all-nighter for Wednesday's microbiology II exam isn't exactly normal either. I did pass my micro test and I'm passing Pathology which is my other tough class. But - I am passing. The other class I need to devote some extra attention to is my Diversified II or adjusting class.

I was getting ready for my 10:10 a.m. embryology class but each movement made me more nauseous so I've fallen a little behind in getting to that class today. I've still got Public Health & Physiology left for the day so I've got another little break until classes resume at noon.

My blood pressure has come down since Monday. systole dropped to 166 on Tue & in the 140s today. My diastole pressure was higher on Tuesday with 108 but today it's a much more appealing 80.

I can't help wondering if the time away from the stressor, i.e., school is what's allowed my bp to drop. I wonder if the resistance to school is part of the body's natural defense since it has had a profound positive effect on my bp.

I need to read over my Public Health notes for our test tomorrow while I have the time. Embryology & Physiology test are both next Tuesday then we have a half day next Wednesday and FOUR DAYS OFF!!!!

I need that time off like I've never needed time off before. I have to make good use of that time with plenty of studying otherwise the pressure will only continue to mount.

No comments:

Post a Comment