Monday, July 25, 2011

Tri-8 Wk12 Day 510 - Monday, 7/25

5 months until Christmas -
maybe 2 weeks or so until I get a new niece or nephew - that will be pretty nice :)
not really much sure about anything else.
Got my last Case Report in today but wasnt able to listen to my 20th case report due to patient duties.
It does seem like week 12 will be my final week of mandatory 5 day per week clinic.

Dr. Hogarth, my clinician, is really pretty good at overseeing the case reports. I've never seen him in a classroom situation but he definitely seems to have a talent for teaching.

The case report I gave tonight didn't have a clear cut resolution due to non-compliance by the patient but, it did involve a pretty serious auto accident and I was really curious what Dr Hogarth had to say about it. He did not disappoint. A class might be good but that could be slow going. Hogarth would probably make a great teacher for that class but I have no idea if he'd want to leave clinic.

My favorite scenario is what a clinic pulled off last Friday by knocking out 16 case reports in a single evening. That's what a fellow intern told me anyway. All I can think is that represents 8 days I could have been off from clinic.

Dr. Guebert had a pretty good class today. We got to see a CT with contrast and it was a really nice picture showing the relationship between a vertebrae, the psoas muscles and the ureters. I think most everyone knew the roundish images on the CT were ureters but seeing the relationship to other structures was pretty cool.

That's about it.

Oh, my radiator went out and I got a letter from the IRS. Car is at the shop to get the radiator fixed and ....i guess the IRS really did want me to file last year even though I didn't work or sell any securities.


No comments:

Post a Comment