Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tri-8 Wk10 Day 500 - Monday - 7/11/11

Laptop is down, won't recharge. Hoping it's a bad plug or, at worst, needing a new battery. Today was Bootcamp from 1-5:30 pm which replaced our clinic shifts. We just found out that tomorrow we have meetings with one of the main insurance companies for chiropractic which is supposed to be mandatory and last from 8 to 11:30 am. Unfortunately the people who schedule such things are unaware of our other obligations such as clinic duty which starts at 11:30 am. For me that means I need at least 40 min commute time as well as time to gather xrays and mail to deliver to our clinic tomorrow.

It seems as though I've passed being chronically exhausted and moved on to just being sick. I left Bootcamp as early as possible, got home, threw up, put an icepack on my head and went to bed.
I read a lot over the weekend and downloaded a bunch of apps to my iPad pertaining to orthopedics, skeletal anatomy and radiology. This iPad I'm using now may be a huge key in helping me finish out school.
Next Monday is our first rheumatology exam. Hmmm, just checked the midterm grades posted to date ... Everything is well above passing and there's even three A's and a B so far in the mix. Of course, that may all get evened out after finals when extra effort gets put into the lower grades thereby ignoring the classes with the higher grades. There's only so much time to divvy up between things.

Thinking about classes... There's still a senior research class that I haven't progressed in beyond reading a book before Dr. Bub got fired so, I still need an advisor and god knows what else for that requirement.
I really detest that ride to & from St Peter's. My average weekly mileage for the past 6 weeks has been 652 miles per week ... Per mon through Friday and that's with skipping as much weekend BS as possible and riding my motorcycle locally.

A bit after 3 am, need to get some laundry done and half considering heading to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment