Monday, April 18, 2011

Tri-7/8 Wk15 Day 455 - Monday, 2nd Day of Finals

2nd day of written finals that is.

Early on in this semester I was using YouTube to help me cope by looking up songs we used to sing in church when I was younger. I remember looking up Make Me A Channel of Your Peace which is also known as the Prayer of St Francis. I was never sucessful in finding a version of the song which was as fast paced and upbeat as we used to sing in church but, the words were still helpful.

From those searches and, as the semester wore on, I sought out a slew of inspirational type videos. Recently, I've gravitated towards groups like the Bee Gees & Three Dog Night and enjoy seeing the live concerts, the dress, apparel and ambiance of the 70s which, also lead my mind back to simpler times.

Speaking of simplicity, there's the hauntingly beautiful, Non nobis Domine song from Henry V which consist of 8 Latin words sung over and over.
Non nobis, Domine (Not unto us Lord)
Sed nomini tuo da gloriam (But to Thy name give the glory).

It's after 2 a.m. and I've got my first final of the week in 7 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment