Thursday, April 28, 2011

?!*$$!!***!I(#)$(%!)@(#$%&$*#(@)!@_%!

(Holding at Day 458)

EX - IN - AS - PI - these are different ways an Ilium can move or subluxate. Dr. Perillat told us an amazing story yesterday about a 15 month old girl who had a bowing leg that doctors wanted to do surgery on by breaking the leg then trying to set it straight. Dr. Perillat was able to see the infant in a somewhat desperate last minute attempt by the little girls mother to put off surgery and Dr. P was able to determine the baby had an EXternally rotated ilium (rotated away or lateral to the sacrum) which caused the misalignment of the femur and distorted growth of the bone which was simply trying it's best to adapt to the stress placed upon it.
Dr P adjusted the ilium back in place - bone breaking surgery was AVOIDED and four months later, the femur bone had straightened out.
Which, once again reminds me of that plaque I saw in the chiropractors office back when I was in 8th grade ... "If yours is NOT a chiropractic problem then chiropractic will not help but, if yours IS a chiropractic problem then nothing else will help."

Today's picture shows the ilium and the arrow pointing to the word ilium also happens to be the general direction of an EX subluxated ilium. The bone in between the right & left ilium is the sacrum.

(the above paragraph was written last in this blog but, it's about the only worthwhile thing here to read so I moved it to the top ....the remaining rant may be omitted without consequence) ;)

I'm not sure I have the words to express how excited I am to soon be driving home 50 miles each day from my new clinic in St Peters, MO. Even if Gas Prices hold at $4 per gallon and I could theoretically get a whopping 40 miles to the gallon I'm still looking at $12 bucks a day in gas and, the reality will be more like $15 per day.
How did the last guy I talked with get his 200 adjustments in at St. Peters? Well, he went there every single day during Tri-10 or ...$75/week - $300/month. I guess that's do-able ...why not?

But really, i'm looking forward to all the time spent in my car. With the main highway opened back up I'm a scant 40 miles from Logan and yet it took be a full 90 minutes to get home yesterday. I didn't really dwell on that fact yesterday but, when I saw rain coming down today, I immediately got a sick feeling and just wanted to jet out of school before rush hour kicked in.

Such understanding people at Logan. "Yeah, we understand it sucks that you live 50 miles away from the office and you own your own home so it's not like you can pack up and move in a weekend but there's nothing we can do about it"
The *majority* of the people will be pleased with their clinic selection and we never have to worry about any minority of people that may be having to take it up the derrière.

I did like the comment during this past Saturdays graduation when the class Valedictorian mentioned that they were going to walk across the stage soon, ...that is, if the graduation requirements didn't change between now and that time.
I'm not sure if I can think of any school I've ever been involved with or even heard of that changes requirements midstream. If it's some kind of accreditation issue or something like that well, that's one thing but, to change parameters midstream just because someone *thinks* it might be best could be construed by some as just plain mean, unthoughtful and inconsiderate.

From an academia point of view I wonder if this type of construct is common place given a situation where the people in charge of making the rules are so far removed from the time when they actually had to play the game themselves that they have no idea what it's like to be on the receiving end which, they obviously don't and never will know.

I wonder what kind of increase in heart attack risk factor is associated with sitting in my car an extra 2.5 hours a day. I know the 100 miles per day driving put me hypertensive for the first time in my life so, I just can't wait for the 120 miles per day of driving.

It's kind of ironic that we're being "taught" to eventually care for other people when the same caring we're being taught isn't exactly extended our way. I guess it's no different than hearing about how bad it is for us to be sitting all day without adequate breaks and then having teachers ignore our breaks so we can sit for extended periods of time regardless of the discomfort or real need to move around. I always LOVED when the last class of the day that gets out at 4:35 p.m. skipped our break so we could get out ot 4:25 especially after being in classes from 7:20 a.m.

Way back in Tri-1 we learned from Dr. H that "matter has limitations" I really wonder how well my body is going to fare with 120 mile driving days in addition to the demands of school. Oh, let's not forget our marketing events. I suppose I *should* be picking events over in St. Peters since that's where my clinic is located but wtf wants to drive 50 miles minimum on a Sat morning for something like that when there's so many events so much closer to home.

The pitch with St Peters is that they want you to be able to open up and run your own office by the time you're finished w/ clinic there. That really does sound great and I'm sure I'm going to learn a great deal but ....then I'm talking with graduates and, in particular, graduates who were out at the St. Peters office only to hear them say that out in "the real world" you just can't do anything like what was required of working the clinic in St Peters or, probably any of the clinics. Maybe I'll have a chance to find out for myself some day because, I really don't know.

Crazy is as crazy does and, maybe I'll attain that stature given enough time at Logan.

it's getting hard to tell when the nights end and the days begin.

better study - yeah, i know it's my break but, a test a day w/ the Gonstead class which, by itself, would be pretty tolerable. The Part IV board reviews are also very good (by themselves) and ...squeezing in the extra adjustments would be OK (by themselves - oh, up to 45 now) and the Senior Project thing would be fine (by itself) ...i literally can't think of everything that needs to be done. I suppose the wedding reception up in Minnesota this weekend would be a blast - BY ITSELF -
outpatient clinic ....
perception is not so hot at this time.


2 comments:

  1. Get ready to "take it up the derrière" much more often than you already are. My last year was absolutely miserable with the amount of things they changed. I'm truly sorry you have to drive so much but it'll be worth it when you're done. I opened my own clinic and Logan did not help me in any way, shape, or form in the business aspect. Remember that when you do so much useless work for Capstone. I'm rooting for you all the way though!! 3 more tri's and you can move on with how you want to live your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you anonymous!! and I mean that sincerely. I swear to God I just want to flush my head down the toilet at times. I've got to keep that last line of yours in mind ...
    " 3 more tri's and you can move on with how you want to live your life!"

    ReplyDelete