Wednesday, August 18, 2010

TRI-5, Wk15, Days 333 & 334, Tue & Wed

We'll be ending this Trimester tomorrow on Day 335. This journey began 581 days ago and there's 612 days until it ends with our graduation on April 21st, 2012.

By the way, the days I'm counting in these blogs are the actual days of class. I was just curious about how many days one must go to school to become a chiropractor. Kind of like, "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop?"

I think it's Wednesday and my last bit of sleep was on Monday night (?) I don't think I'll be sleeping any tonight because I'm concerned if I fell asleep now that I might sleep through my last final. I tried laying down around 8:30 but I guess I'm just too wired.

GRADES - so far so good and there is *very* good news regarding the bulk of my grades.
My toughest class - Physical Diagnosis aka Phys Dx (pronounced "fizz - dye") has been conquered! Things really went down to the wire with that class. I had an A in the lab portion of the class but the lecture portion must be passed independently before the lab grade can be calculated in our final grade. I needed to get 19 answers correct on our final to pass and I ended up getting 22 correct! Thank god for the three extra credit questions.

This phys dx final, as well as many others, were much different than exams we've had in the past. For phys dx, every question was a case history of a patient and we had to diagnose them. The diseases ranged from Fibromyalgia to Huntington's Chorea.

I poured an enormous amount of effort into phys dx over the last week and I did take a hit (grade wise) in a few classes but not too bad overall.
Rad Pos & HCP were both maintained with a B+
I rocked Toxicology with a A
Lab Dx IMPROVED! I was able to bring that grade up to a B

Basic III should be interesting. The final grade isn't posted but, I severely underestimated that class and maybe overestimated Lab Dx a bit so I think my lofty B+ in Basic might get beat down to a C ....I certainly hope no worse.

Cardiorespiratory Dx - well, I waved by to the A I got in midterm several weeks ago. I have a hard time with Dr. Christy's exams but, I did get a 25 on the Final which is my 2nd highest test grade (best was a 26 on Exam 1) so, even though my grade will drop from the midterm A it's actually going to be increased from where it was after my third exam.

Diversified - I got a 17 out of 20 on the final for an extra 34 points and I only needed 17 points to pass that class so I'm golden there also :)

All I've got left is my Biomechanics final which is tomorrow morning at 7:30 a.m.

I wish I could know for sure that I could lay down for only an hour or two because I am dead tired but it's just too risky. With as little sleep as I've been going on there is a high probability that I'll stay zonked out for a good 10 hours ...I can't let that happen. There's only 8 hours until my last final at 7:30 a.m. tomorrow. I'm going to make a pot of coffee and make sure I stay awake - I'm going to do well on my final then come home and get to sleep! :)

Today's picture is of a cup of coffee :)

btw ~ I did get a nice photo album of various dysplasias and congenital anomalies to help w/ the Dx Imag class up on facebook. You can see the pics by clicking this link http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=71959&id=1324821250

Unfortunately ... it looks like the casualties are starting to roll in - so far I've got two study buddies who didn't make it through Dx Imaging ....dang

but - they did get through Phys Dx so we'll be able to study Phys Dx II together. I have heard some people say they've done better with Phys Dx II because they've learned how to study better and know more of what's expected after struggling w/ Phys Dx I. I'm hoping that's going to be the case for me.

However ...I just checked my schedule of classes for Tri-6 and there's 13 classes! Only 33 hours but 13 classes is a bunch to deal with just on an organizational and administrative level. What classes you ask? OK, this will be my last bit of fun then I've got to get cranking on my biomechanics studying ....

TRIMESTER 6 CLASSES:
  1. Professional Development
  2. Diversified Technique V
  3. Prin. of Physical Therapy I/Therap Modal
  4. Jurisprudence
  5. Patient Communication Skills
  6. Chiropractic Clinical Reasoning
  7. Physical Diagnosis II
  8. Physical Diagnosis II lab
  9. Eyes, Ears, Nose and Throat Diagnosis (EENT)
  10. Neurology
  11. Pediatrics
  12. Diagnostic Imaging II

No comments:

Post a Comment