Wednesday, August 11, 2010

TRI-5, Wk14, Day 328 - Tuesday

It's time to pick and choose my battles. Yesterday my primary battle was with a Diversified practical and to most effectively deliver a knock out punch to Diversified I had to take one in the guy from my 3rd Cardio Dx Exam.

By the way, I also learned to be careful when telling your mother that you've "blown off an exam". I should probably rephrase to say, "I'm doing the best I can" and both of those statements would probably be equally true.

On Wednesday, my primary battle is with Rad Positioning, which means I'll be letting my guard down with a quiz we have in our Basic III class but, it's all part of an intelligent, thought out strategy that has served me well thus far. A classmate described the process in a Facebook comment by stating the classes you're doing well in get put on the back burner so more focus and effort can be put towards the classes where one isn't faring as well.

In undergrad, a student may take 18 hours of classes and is considered full time. I remember having to get special permission to take 21 hours. At Logan, 32-34 hours is the norm & people taking the masters program have closer to 40 hours. Heck, some people also take additional course work on the weekends for various specialties.

It's a different world and with a dozen classes in a semester strategy becomes eminently important.

Only two days left of regular classes before finals start. Our Basic quiz is 2nd hour on Wednesday and worth about 5% of our grade. The Rad Pos practical is at 3:30 p.m. and worth closer to 25% of our grade so, effort must be allocated accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment