Thursday, February 18, 2010

TRI-4, Wk6, Day 226 - Thursday

Zeus (aka Dr. Montgomery) recommended putting Vaseline on our hands and then put socks over them before we go to bed. It's supposed to increase the sensitivity of our hands. He also has a palpation challenge - if we can feel a piece of human hair under 5 pieces of copy paper then we get a bonus point for the class ....
under 25 sheets = 2 bonus points
50 sheets = 3 bonus points
75 sheets = 4
100 sheets = 5

i have no idea how in the world anyone could feel a piece of human hair under 100 sheets of paper but, I guess I'll play along and see what happens.

btw - Tuesday this week was pretty cool in Diversified because I was able to help out a fellow student by putting two of her ribs back in place. It's a really good feeling to instantly make someone else feel better and she was having problems breathing before the adjustment.

I've also been nailing the thoracic vertebrae pretty good lately. I've been trying to make sure the line between my hand contacts and episternal notch in my chest forms a right angle to an imaginary line tangent to the section of vertebrae I'm working on. So far, it's been pretty effective. Other than that I'm making sure to take out the slack in the pt skin and keeping everything tight before the final thrust.

NMS ....yeah... the grades are posted but I haven't bothered looking at the grades and don't really care - the lowest grade won't count and I've already counted on this first test grade as being my lowest. So far, the highest grade I've heard of is a 51%. I'm not sure if anybody legitimately passed this test but, I'm sure a few of our top notch students must have ...somebody must have, right?

Physio exam next Monday, Orthopedics practical on Tuesday, Orthopedics written midterm on Wednesday - Thursday & Friday no classes but instead - 8 or 10 hours of NBS each day then the same thing on Monday and Tuesday the following week. Then I think maybe a couple more test after that.

I'm doing what I can. I will be sticking with my lifting and spinning and all other exercises. I'll stick with all my classes but it's also pretty important for me to keep building up a higher horsepower internal engine to better handle all the stresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment