Tuesday, February 9, 2010

TRI-4, Wk5, Day 219 & 220 - Mon & Tue

6 a.m. - Pretty much everyone was hoping for a snow day today but we ended up with a snow delay and classes starting at 9:15 a.m. This is probably OK for people that live a few miles from school but more like a worst case scenario for those of use who live very far away since the later start ensures hitting the heart of rush hour traffic and leaving early means heading out before streets & highways can be cleared. I'll probably head in by noon so I can still make it to Fund Dx to make sure I'll get my 4% grade bonus for not missing any classes.

With five weeks in to the trimester, this definitely could have been a very useful mental health day for most students.

6 p.m. - Still maintaining my 4% bonus in our x-ray class due to perfect attendance. We learned today that physical therapist in Maryland are lobbying to be able to take x-rays on their own w/0 a doctor's consent. Our teacher claimed they wanted to be able to do this after a 2 hour class which seems a little lean considering the first class on radiology (of many that we'll be taking) this trimester is 60 hours. This kind of reminds me of the weekend adjusting class they were trying to hold at Harvard med school. It's hard to believe one weekend could even begin to compare to the 3+ years of practice a chiropractor has with palpation and adjusting.

We've got a Nutrition test tomorrow morning and I'm hoping I'll do OK w/o the book. I don't think many people, if any, in our class bought the book and I've been debating over whether or not to get it for weeks now. The darn thing is $213.00 which is a heck of a lot of money. In the back of my mind I keep thinking that I only have so many opportunities to take these classes so maybe I should do what I can for each one. I should be alright on this first test because the material seems pretty easy but, I may end up breaking down and getting the darn thing since future material is bound to get more complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment