Wednesday, February 10, 2010

TRI-4, Wk5, Day 221 - Wednesday :)

Let's see...we had our nutrition test this morning and I probably could have studied a bit more for it but I didn't thing it would be too difficult. Still, I'm leaning a little more towards buying the book in spite of the cost.

Wednesdays have been pretty good exercise days and I got in a nice Spin class this morning at the Jewish Community Center and hit the weights after class today at Gold's gym back home. I just finished up some philosophy homework that's due tomorrow and the next exam we have would be for NMS - neuromuscularskeletal diagnosis.

NMS is probably the closest thing we have to House MD right now. Lately, we've been getting a list of chief complaints, symptoms and test results for various fictitious patients and then are to pick through a list of possible causes. Most everything now has to do with the various nervous pathways in the body, where they are in the spinal cord, where they decussate (cross over) in the spine and where they end up in the brain. It's a pretty cool system of wiring we've all got. Impressive indeed.

Spin class only meets on Mon, Wed & Friday but I've been getting half a mind to head up to the J maybe on Tuesday and Thursday mornings to get in additional workouts on my own. I just have to be able to get in enough sleep so I don't fall asleep in class.

We started adjusting ribs today in Diversified and are going over some additional x-ray marking like we did last Tri in Basic. So far so good with orthopedics and I'll have to buckle down a bit more in Pathology.

Tomorrow, in addition to NMS and Pathology we have 3 hours of x-ray class and 2 hours of philosophy. Our philosophy teacher is Dr. Montgomery. He's kind of like the Zues of chiropractic, so far ahead of me that he's beyond the horizon. He used to be with Palmer West out in California in the early 1980's. Last week when we had our pathology test on Thursday a lot of people, including myself, thought we'd be able to get in some last minute studying during our classes prior to pathology but, like so many other times, that just never happened. Especially with Dr. Montgomery because the classes are so interesting it's really hard not to pay attention.

Sometimes it can be a little intimidating because there's so many teachers that are like these hall of fame all stars and I'm just trying to break into the minor leagues. Guess we all have to start somewhere.

I did get some blood work results back today. I was pretty pleased with my cholesterol levels. About 7 months ago I was taking Crestor and got my levels down to 170. I've got refills for more stuff but never used them and today, after being off all medications for 6 months my cholesterol levels came in at 177.

No comments:

Post a Comment