Saturday, March 3, 2012

Tri-10, Wk08 - Day ??? Fri/Sat, Feb 2&3, 2012

Finishing up my Saturday here (2/3) I think I did pretty well today or at least as well as I could possibly do. I made it to school on time, spent all day in my new Acupuncture class, went to the gym after school then studied my flashcards for Part III boards and now ...it's about time for bed. I just need to keep my head in the game and keep forging forward with school and hope & pray that the rest of my life will turn out well if I just keep on the straight & narrow.

I'm still getting cable even though it's been cancelled for a few days now. I used to work disconnect orders when I first started with SAVVIS so, I know it can take a few days for all the disco orders to get pushed through.

I still need to cancel my Netflix subscription and go through all my bills tomorrow.

Today was a little odd in that someone pretty close to me texted me this afternoon and said they wanted to pay for my Acupuncture class then proceeded to text me all their credit card information so I could pay for my remaining classes. It was a nice gesture but not one I could put a lot of stock into.

I didn't hear anymore from that person and after I got home I learned they unfriended me on facebook. Other than that bizarre episode I'd say the day went pretty well. I need to be back up at 6 tomorrow and heading out at 7 to get to class by 8.

We did practice "needling" today. That was a bit interesting ....

I did learn that in 1997 the NIH (National Institute of Health) recognized Acupuncture as a legitimate and viable means of health care. Also learned the World Health Organization (WHO) recognized Acupuncture as being a valuable adjunct to about 2,000 ailments.

Our instructor actually used acupuncture on his son who had suffered from testicular cancer. His son received chemotherapy but, instead of taking a slew of drugs to help offset the side effects of the chemo, he received acupuncture instead and the kids blood labs actually maintained normal levels. The teacher and his son were told 5 years ago that his son was going to die. No probability or anything, just that his son was going to die. That was 5 years ago and his son is still alive.

There is also an herb we learned about - actually an extract from an herb. Some company noticed the great results from an herb that was already on the market and was able to isolate the molecule which was responsible for providing the great results. It's rather expensive but, for people taking the supplement and who have had cancer, they've never had a relapse and apparently it's supposed to help people who are currently battling cancer.

The teacher and his son both take the supplement at a cost of $12,000 per year so, for one person I'm figuring about $500 per month. I can't say I would push a family member to take the supplement at this point but, if they ever had a relapsing course of cancer then I definitely would recommend and do what i could to help pay for it.

The guy teaching the class said he works a lot with supplements - herbal supplements and takes in about 2-$3,000 per week extra income from it. and that's profit ...and only a small part of their practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment