Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tri-7 Wk3, Days 411 & 412, Tue & Wed :)


I keep cycling in and out of complete exhaustion. Today I knocked out my first of two shifts at the front desk of the clinic. It's pretty simple and gives us a good idea of some of the things that go on behind the scenes. For our shift we mainly work with the files, setting up appointments and act as the doctors on call in case of any walk-ins.

We had a really interesting two hour presentation by a representative from K-LASER this morning. Our laser certification exam is this Friday at 11 a.m. We learned of a Russian scientist by the name of Tina Karu who figured out why LASER therapy works. There is an enzyme called Cytochrome C Oxidase which is the terminal mitochondrial enzyme in the cellular respiratory chain. The LASER stimulates these molecules which leads to increased cellular metabolism, the end result is increased ATP production which means faster healing.

AK (applied kinesiology) was pretty cool today as well. Geriatrics was fun then straight to clinic for a couple ours work until my Dx Imag III class then HCP and *then* I finally had a good half hour break until my next shift started. It's been a busy day.

I've got four patients scheduled for tomorrow. It's late and I need to get to bed.

Right now, I'm lucky I have the commute that I do because that's been the only time I've been able to study.

No comments:

Post a Comment