Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tri-7 Wk1 Day 402 - Tuesday

Snow schedule on the first day so we started with our third class at 9:15 with Gonstead which is an adjusting technique. That teacher is pretty interesting and rather upbeat. He has a diplomat in Nutrition and gave such good analogies that it prompted me to break out my recorder. The class met with Dr. Perillat during our lunch hour to start going over our clinic duties. Of course, we've got to pass Comp boards & OSCE to be able to get into clinic to get our 50 adjustments and 75 hours of clinic duty to be able to pass her class.

We'll end up with one clinic day, either Mon, Tue, Wed or Thur and then we get Friday as an overflow day. Clinic duty will run from 11 to 1 then again from 3:45 to 6:45 on our assigned days. I'm not sure how many people actually made it into Tri-7 but, the last I heard, each of us will be getting around 10 patients each! That seems a little unprecedented and quite a load to juggle. We'll see what happens. We then had two hours of GIUG Dx. That class is taught by Dr. Kuhn. As if he wasn't already smart enough with being a DACBR but, he seems to know an overwhelming amount about the gastrointestinal portion of the body as well. He was spewing out so much knowledge that at one point I was thinking to myself I need to read more about all this stuff and don't really care if the material will ever show up on an exam or not. I just want to know it.

We finished the day up with Professional Development and we were told this trimester's Pro-D class would be different and we would be meeting every week but, after taking attendance we were all dismissed so, thus far, it seems pretty much like any other semester with that class. I think there are good intentions behind the concept of that class but, maybe it's still being developed.

I can't really focus too much on my classes right now. I have to get through those OSCE exams and pass my Comp Boards. I spent 10 hours at school on Monday then was up until 3 a.m. going over xray stuff. got home tonight at 11 p.m. since I stayed after at school to study then went straight to my parents afterwards to go over some of the exams again. It's too bad I have to sleep but I am running on left over adrenalin right now and need to get to bed.

Geez ...only about 30 hours until those Comp Boards start ...7 a.m. Thursday .....

No comments:

Post a Comment