Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tri-6 Wk13 Day 390 -


We finished up our last Tri-6 Competency Board today! Only 15 more to complete the first Thursday of next Trimester to officially become a student doctor :)

I was looking over the Health Center manual today. It has the addresses of all the locations we could possibly be stationed for our last year at Logan. Regardless of where I go I'm pretty excited about the prospect of making it this far. I checked out mapquest.com to get an idea of how much driving I might have to do if I get put in the St. Peter's office. My daily drive would be a little over 111 miles. I drove a little shy of 100 miles when highway 64 was closed and by the end of Tri-3, I was very hypertensive with normal systolic readings peaking well over 200...it was a cumulative thing. I wonder if valium would have helped? LOL Regardless, I never took anything because I figured the long daily traffic jams where a major cause and, in Tri-4, after the main highway opened back up my blood pressure went back down to my usuall 120/80 or less. I'm not sure what toll 111+ miles per day would take on me physically. I guess we'll cross that road when we get to it.

Studying was fair after I got home today. I spent about an hour and a half watching diversified videos and then spent time on CCR going over Ortho moves.

I paid for Irene Gold today and still need to get (or find) a picture and $535.00 to finish registering for Part II National Boards test. Looks like I'm paying a little over 89 cents per question (660 questions on Part II) If you add in Irene Gold, it's about $1.32/question we're paying. :) hehehe

Oh, my intern request got maxed out today. We're only allowed to have request by 3 students and the rest will be assigned. Two of my patients are Tri-4s ...oh - so they'll be Tri-5's when I get to care for them. I was thinking I'd be giving complete physicals to those two. My other patient will be a Tri-1 or 2.

I really need to switch to decaf. It was close to 1 a.m. before I fell asleep last night (again). I'm going to bed early, just not falling asleep.

Two weeks from tomorrow I'll be done with Tri-6. I don't think there's any class that can hold me back. Of course, I'll need to be very diligent with my studying between now and then to get the best grades possible.

I looked over my schedule for next trimester and we've got some heavy hitters (ie, good) teachers lined up. I know we'll be seeing Dr. Sanders again for endocrinology, Dr. Kuhn will be getting 5 hours of our time for a Gastrointestinal class and, apparently, the person who taught Dr. Kuhn, a Dr. Keottner (?sp) will be teaching our next Diagnostic Imaging class. I also saw Dr. Bozarks name listed with our AK or Applied Kinesiology class. I believe she has a diplomat in orthopedics and she also has over 25 years of experience with Logan.

Today was pretty darned nice. We had two hours of Physical Diagnosis followed by two hours of Diagnostic Imaging (dxi). I think I actually started to understand a few things in dx i today. Dr. Kuhn kind of left me in the dust after Monday's lecture. There's so many classes I need to put more time into.

Today's picture is of a ship traveling at warp speed, which is how fast I feel information in our classes is coming at me sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment