Friday, December 10, 2010

Tri-6 Wk14 Day 396 - Thursday

I've been having some reoccurring non-school related thoughts lately. I'm wondering if there ever gets to be a time in life when the number of people you've loved and cared about who are dead exceeds the number of people you care about you are still living. The cache of dead people know who have been a part of my life keeps growing and it's not just that but the rate of people entering that spot in my brain seems to increase with each passing year. While that can make for sad thoughts I suppose it's better than contributing to that cache.

Things are a little different when the accustomed support systems are interrupted. From my CCR practical today, I can say with much certainty that virtual patients are not nearly as valuable for learning technique as are real patients.

It's 2:30 in the morning and I have two finals looming. One, is Div V and the other is Neurology.

Physically, I can fell the effects of additional stress on my body during this time of the semester. Overall, it's probably better than most any other semester. I think maybe having other momentous and grave situations presenting themselves during this semester has quelled the otherwise self imposed importance of school in general.

I remember way back in Speech 101 ...about 25 years ago ...I gave a talk based on Dale Carnigies book called How to Stop Worrying & Start Living. I think one of the chapters in that book mentioned something about living in Day Tight compartments and not to let the maladies of one day spill into the next. I should probably also remind myself of something I wrote down the other day from Carlyle, to not perceive what lies dimly lit in the future and to do what lies clearly at hand.

Ugh ...the school's website is down. They really need to do something about these kinds of things happening during finals. I've had three semesters in the past where I was cut off from the school's wireless internet during finals, we've got a bookstore out of items I need but they don't want to order more supplies until after inventory so they don't have to count any additional items and now the Logan website is down .... grrrrr....

On the plus side, the school did get a bunch of amazing new copy machines. These copiers have USB ports so we can quickly scan documents straight into out jump drives. Essentially, we don't ever have to pay for copies anymore because the scanning is free and we can always print out what we need at the library.

Yikes ~ well after 3 a.m. now ~ better get moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment