Monday, December 6, 2010

Tri-6 Wk14 Day 393, ~ Mel ~

Today at school ended with one of the greatest lectures I was fortunate enough to hear. Our guest speaker was non other than Dr. Kettner. I was going to blog about that today but, on the way home I received sad news that my aunt Mel died today.

Many of my memories of Mel revolve around how beautiful she was. I remember long dark hair and her marriage to my Uncle Tom was one of the first weddings I remember way back in the 70s.
Tom's phone is busy, I'll have to keep trying to get through to offer my condolences. Mel died much too young as a result of complications associated with systemic lupus erythromatosus, SLE or, Lupus for short.

I've got three pictures on my refrigerator with myself, other members of my family and Tom & Mel. I saw them last Summer in August, got to see them again over my last break when I visited family in Minnesota then again when they visited my parents.

On that last visit we all went to one of the last Cardinal baseball games of the season. We all went to the Bank of America room and had free food and drinks throughout the game. It was one of the best times I've ever had at the ballpark and was hoping we could make it an annual event.

I just checked my "Mel" email folder. Since visiting last August, I've received 970 emails from Mel. She will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment