Saturday, October 24, 2009

Tri-3, Wk7, Day 163 - Friday

Classroom Attendance for the week = 94%

I had a bit more to say yesterday but after pasting in those minimum required hours for MD vs DC the formatting was a bit screwy so I left it as is.

I'd like to increase my level of accountability and performance. A week or two ago I was having a hard time making it to all my classes. I'm not sure where my head was at or exactly why I missed some classes but I did. I mentioned this to my parents when I met with them last Sunday for breakfast and had an idea of sort of checking in with them each day to let them know whether or not I made it to all my classes or not. I don't know how it is for readers of this blog but, for me, I'd rather not do anything to disappoint my parents. The strategy actually helped and paid off the very next day when I was running late for my Monday 7:20 a.m. class. I was running a bit behind schedule, it was raining and I knew a lane was still closed down on the highway which all meant an extra long commute (over an hour) but, I still went and, in spite of having to stop to get gas I went to my first class. I was very late but they took attendance and after talking with my teacher after class I was able to get credit for showing up which is a good thing. :)

Looking at my schedule, I have 34 hours worth of classes each week (credit-wise I have 32 hours but, actual hours each week is 32 ....I wasn't aware of the discrepancy)

So, we have classroom attendance which, for this week was 32/34 or 94%

For each Friday's blog, I'm going to make note at the top of the blog what my attendance was for the week.

I've also thought of a couple other things I can do with regards to this blog which may help improve my performance as a student.
One a daily basis, I'd like to recap each one of my classes. This may help me to keep my notes organized as well as providing an extra exposure to class material.

And finally, I think I need to schedule study times and make myself as accountable to these study times as I am with attending classes.

Anyway, I'm going to plow ahead with these ideas.

hmmm... I guess I made a couple other positive changes this week which indirectly positively affect my school performance.
For one thing, I started hitting the gym on my way home from school on Monday and Thursday since those are days I get out of class a little bit early. I have a simple little routine which doesn't take much time at all. In fact, from the time I get out of my car to the time I get back in my car after my workout only took 31 minutes on Monday and on Thursday, the same routine only took 22 minutes! Very efficient! :)
Ideally now, I'd hit the gym today so I have a more normal 3 day per week workout schedule. I'm doing the same exercises and even keeping the same weights from workout to workout to help improve efficiency. Which isn't to say I'm totally slacking. For Bench, Pulldowns and Military, I'm using 225 pounds on each exercise for three sets. One warm up set of 10-15 reps and then 2 more sets of 10 reps each. I then round out the program with three sets of curls and three sets of triceps pressdowns. After another week of this program I'll probably add something in for the legs and should still have the entire program (including walking to and from my car) to under 30 minutes.
Cardio-wise, I've combined brushing my teeth with walking on my treadmill. I have an one of those electronic toothbrushes which runs for two minutes before shutting off. I realized that if I were to walk at 3.0 mph that I would be able to cover 0.1 miles in those 2 minutes. While I'm still getting used to this habit, I've still done it enough this week to get in an extra mile plus and I've still got today left to add another tenth or two to my total. One bright point w/ the toothbrush treadmill idea is that two days this week, the first thing I did was hit the treadmill right after I woke up. Admittedly, a pace of 3.0 mph is a bit fast for me immediately after getting out of bed so I simply slowed the pace down a bit - I think it was 1.5 mph the first time I did it and 2.5 the second time.

OK - so here's the plan:
Monday through Friday - I'll post a summary of each day's classes
Friday - I'll post my Classroom Attendance grade
Saturday - I'll post my workout grade
Sunday - I'll post my Toothbrush Treadmill work for the week

So I don't have to think (or remember) these things I've got that schedule posted up on my wall.

I need to run to my parents now for breakfast but will probably edit this post later on to include a summary for Friday's classes (as well as today's workout since it is Saturday) :)

oh, today's pic ...let me see - how about Gold's Gym (that's where I workout)

No comments:

Post a Comment