Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tri-6 Wk15 Day 399 - Tuesday

It's only Tuesday? No new grades posted. It's 4:20 now, checked some emails & got coffee brewing, I'll probably get out around 5...

[5:39 p.m.]...OK, let's try this again ...LOL

[6:49 p.m.] Well, hmmm. I got distracted and should already be studying by now. We had Phys Dx this morning and EENT in the afternoon. Phys Dx was already posted and I ended up Jumping up one and a half letter grades from midterm! C+ in Phys Dx - pretty much one of my most difficult classes. Dx Imag crashed down to a C+ which I'm not that crazy about since I was only 0.33% away from a B+ at midterm. I did hear from upper tri's that many people end up losing an entire letter grade from the final. I didn't quite lose an entire letter grade but, I think I understand the mechanism behind the loss.

Dr. Kuhns Dx Imag class is chuck full of information, it's not one of these fluff classes or anything, from the time class starts until the bell rings, he's giving us information. With the last section we went over we were getting new information through our two hour class last Wednesday and there's nothing wrong with that. It's just a situation where we have all our final practicals during that same week as well as any final exams teachers are going to give us then we go straight into our written final exams. For me, anyway, it was just a little too fast of a turn-around from initially getting taught the information then being tested on it.

If I were a better student I'd have gotten a better grade. I'll keep working at it.

Anyway, it's over - gotta move on. So far, I'm kind of being invaded with C+'s. Like most semesters the lower grades move up and sometimes the higher grades move down. I think I've had more grades move up than down and, I'm fortunate that I don't *think* there's any class I won't get through.

In our group of 5 or so that have been sitting together and studying for the finals I found out a second person got dinged due to Neurology. That's kind of an odd situation. I've heard that last semester was the first time anyone ever failed that class and now, I know of at least two people who didn't get through it. It was a difficult class and I was surprised on both my exams that I didnt' do better than I actually did.

One of the favorite parts of my day is getting to school early and seeing friends from class already there or soon to arrive. I guess they'll still be there for that and I'm grateful.

I'm beginning to think there's something to test anxiety and how it can affect a persons performance. I know I still remember some things I read regarding neurology during my last break but sometimes things don't seem to stick as well during the semester or, in particular during the more stressful times of the semester.
The other odd thing is that twice now, the same people who have tutored and helped me understand material for a class don't end up getting through the class themselves even though they would appear to know the material better than me outside of class. Who knows, there's a lot of variables.

Still no grade for Jurisprudence.

I need a quick plan here - in less than 12 hours I have Pediatrics. In 16 hours I have CCR. CCR is a bigger concern since I'm sitting with a solid B in Pediatrics. Well, and now we see how the final grades tend to level out.

Do I stay up all night? The two exams tomorrow are going to be significantly more difficult than the two on Thursday. I think my plan is clear. I'll be spending all my time tonight on CCR and studying what I can for Pediatrics after I get to school tomorrow morning. I've heard there's supposed to be an ice storm tonight so I'll need to be up early enough to make sure the car is good to go.

Only two days left! I'm psyched!

No comments:

Post a Comment