Monday, December 13, 2010

Tri-6 Wk15 Day 398 Monday, continued ...


My focus and a buck 25 will get you a soda from a vending machine at Wal-Mart. I'm toast - gotta focus - going to use this blog to aid in accountability. I want to make up 30 flashcards for my Physical Dx final tomorrow morning ...it's not until 9 a.m. so I *should* have over three hours to study for it in the morning. I want those 30 flashcards - I'm going to publish post as I go so it's already out there - it's 6:24 p.m. ...no sleep until I get this done, it's not much, just focus ...

[6:36 p.m.] not bad, 33 notecards made on the computer and it only took 12 minutes.

CCR is on my mind - going to look through ppts and take some notes regarding what a positive finding indicates ...I wonder if this final is going to be cummulative ... so, let's do it [6:38 now]

[7:29 p.m.] good- got 47 notecards made up for CCR covering what a positive ortho test indicates for Elbow/wrist/hand, hip, knee, ankle/foot. Now, I'm thinking of going back to the ....those other flashcards I made up ...oh yeah, the ones for phys dx - let's at least get exposed to them before bed. ...doing those ortho cards took 51 minutes ... [7:32 now]

[7:48 p.m.] 19 minutes on phys dx flashcard review - got through them all and worked through several quizzes - no i want to get them printed out then get to bed [7:49 now]

[8:35 p.m.] 47 minutes - printed out two sets of flashcards and recorded all the flashcards by reading them into my recorder so I can listen to them on the way to work.

I think I have a new candidate for office. His name is Imperfection and his platform will be "Imperfection for Progress!" I say this because I could have frittered away hours on those notecards making sure each one was astutely accurate but, I was more concerned with just getting it done and being satisfied with "good enough". Heck, on the back of three of the notecards I don't even have answers. One has a question mark on the back and another has "write something about it here :)" Progress is more important than perfection. I suppose I started thinking about this in a prior blog when I mentioned that an imperfect plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow.

Anyway, I've got to get to bed soon.

Today's picture. You'll have to click on it to get a larger view. This is stained glass from the inside of our library at Logan. If I recall my Sunday school correctly we're looking at the first of the 12 stations of the cross. At the bottom of this window is written Ecce Virgo Concipiet which means, "Behold, a Virgin shall conceive"

No comments:

Post a Comment