Sunday, October 31, 2010

T6, Wk8, Day 371, Friday

PT was pretty cool on Friday. We have a teacher named Dr. Zilke who graduated with my brother and was a physical therapist before he became a chiropractor. This past Friday was slightly better than the previous Friday because I only crashed & fell asleep for 12 hours instead of 14 the week before. Took a nap Sat afternoon then ended up skipping a Halloween party that night and couldn't much stay up past 8:30 - tack on another 10 hours of sleep. Good thing too, because it looks like I'll be getting up around 3 a.m. or so on Monday Morning.

The Jurisprudence take home portion of our midterm is turning out to be quite a bear. It's a little difficult to do it on your own and I've gotten plenty of messages tonight from other people equally confused and frustrated. If I can get to school around 5 a.m. tomorrow and share with some other people, as the assignment suggested then I should be able to get it turned in by the end of 2nd hour when it's due.

We also have our HCP II midterm tomorrow. I'll be studying that during lunch.

Then - two whole evenings of Diagnostic Imaging!!! I'm actually looking forward to a couple nights with just one exam to worry about. I'd like to video Tuesday's tutoring session since we'll be looking at a lot of x-rays.

This whole thing with the DC program is like a 10 round Rocky fight. You kind of get the crap beat out of you time and time again but have to keep going. When you've passed a semester you know you've made it through that round and, I suppose, when I'm walking across the stage and get my diploma I'll be able to claim victory! In the meantime ...it's just one bloody nose after another. It's not necessarily elegant or refined from my vantage point. It's more brutal and just having to keep going on no matter what.

I guess midterms will do that to ya - it's the time when Logan gets in their best punches and you just have to take it and move on the best you can. Speaking of which, I better get to bed ASAP or school is going to really knock me on my butt tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment