Tuesday, October 12, 2010

T6, Wk6, Day 359, Monday


Midterms are starting this week and we'll be having exams and/or practicals in all our classes over the next 2 to 3 weeks. Today starts our Diversified V practicals. Which reminds me, I did my first vertical A to P adjustment yesterday and got great results with it. It's a standard "hug" type of adjustment usually performed with the patient laying on their back but, when done vertically, you can put the pt up against a wall which provides for excellent support.

I was considering skipping my Patient Communication class today in order to get some extra studying in for my practical. I've got 5 absences this semester which isn't too awful considering we've had 174 classes so far. It's no surprise that those 5 I missed where morning classes.

The other day when I blogged about Craig's list and the Internet being held responsible for illicit activities I may have skipped a bit of my train of thought. The rationale for the post was because one of the reasons I've heard about Logan being reticent on providing internet in the classroom is because of concerns about it being a distraction. For example, students might play games or otherwise not pay attention. My point is that you have to hold people accountable for their actions and not the mediums at their disposal. Besides, everyone with an i-phone already has the options of playing games. Some classes though, it's been very useful for me. When I'm able to look things up I do feel more connected with the class and feel like more of an active participant.

I am glad we're off school tomorrow for field day. I was thinking of participating in the tug-o-war competition but didn't see a time on the sign up sheet which is kind of like the comp-board sign up sheets that didn't have times ....

I need to get moving, it's already after 5 a.m. I should be able to head out by 5:30 this morning and get a little extra time looking over diversified. I'm not sure how I'll do on the practical, I'm not really sure what to expect which is kind of pathetic considering this is my 5th semester of diversified but, it all depends on the teacher and whoever I get to test me. It's definitely the least objective type of testing that goes on and still kills me to hear how arrogant this particular teacher can be to think it's totally fair and equitable. I'm sure it's better than nothing and a necessary component to the process but it could also be improved on many levels.

Today's picture is of a cervical adjustment.

No comments:

Post a Comment